Doing things you Like to do

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:41 pm

I too am very greatful for the new insights, they are what I needed to change with my life. Life does change, and so must we. :)

It does sound like you set your self up for trouble by doing too much. Very high goals.
I too have done that with our business. We took on more customers than we could handle and pushed our selves with fear of money. Needing to much and not enjoying the moment. Acting like machines. Life just keeps adding more stressors and your tired and wonder how long you can keep it up. Our society suppports some pretty bad habits. I have to find a balance to work at a pace that compliments my ability.

I am so aware of that now! And I'm working on it rather than have everone one else plan my days for me. I like it. :D

Quality not quanity. ;)

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:42 am

These insights have an intresting timing don't they?

I never really thought about it but yes overloading the day really does make someone else plan our days for us eh. We almost become robots and such and that is no way to live. Balance is very important, for me this is why i am going to be looking for a job where i work during the day so i can do the activities that i want to do in the evening. Things like hip-hop, yoga and such and we deserve to have fun things like this. I used to just wake up play videogames (which felt like work) and then go to work and then come home and sleep. No wonder i was so depressed and no wonder other people get depressed that work in that same way.

Mike

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Yes, the timing is perfct. :cool:

I am learning to slow things down too. Not to over fill the day with more things than I would enjoy. (When possible)
It eases the pressure. That feels good not to always feel so much pressure.
Its ok not to have something going on every min. relax and enjoy the moment! ;)

I believe our culture has excepted the robot life style, and so many people have trouble staying in that space. We are lucky because we know it doesn't work for us. We are great planners and creative people so we have to invent another way. When I step back and do it, I feel good. That tells me, my inner self I'm on the right path. It brings inner Peace. :)

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Ya I've actually decided to cut down the pressure today myself and just not do too much because i'm already feeling exhausted. I'm also accepting that I'm having these limitations and it will be more beneficial for me to work with them as the other way makes me sick, irritable and I just carry that exhaustion on longer.

Yes we are the lucky ones. It feels so nice when we actually do things for our bodies when it needs it.

Mike

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:04 am

Good for you! :)

Why don't you send us some nice cool Canadian air????

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:44 am

thank you...and guess what. I was soooo exhausted and so instead of getting to sleep at 2am I went to sleep at 1am. I'm making some good progress!

You'll hafta wait until fall for me to send cool air. This is definately not cool air here right now.

Mike

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Good for you Mike!!! :D
That my friend is progress!

Boo... on no cool air! :)

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:04 pm

Thank you...I think my body is adjusting to a healthier sleep schedual on its own. I wanted to go to bed early today too but i was out at a bar with some friends.

Mike

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”