Doing things you Like to do

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here

Post by Guest » Sat May 29, 2010 4:23 am

I was going to put that in quotations but could not figure out how to use that button! LOL...

Whats funny is, my dog has only gone a couple times now and looks forward to going. Even my dog wants to be entertained! Hes bored at home he loves to go in the car, and be with other dogs! We live in the country and there are miles between houses. I can learn from my dog!!! LOL... :D

Post by Guest » Sat May 29, 2010 4:40 am

you press the button and put the text in between the boxes that say quotes.

Thats how you know you've definately made a good decision and we never really think about how we can learn from animals. Thats good.

Mike

Post by Guest » Sat May 29, 2010 4:47 am

[The anticipation mind state is usually one of catastrophy ]Originally posted by NinjaFrodo:
Like this??? LOL...

I had another thought. For me, I have made my whole life our business. I forgot about me. Work is what I do, but what about me, who I am, and what I like. Its hard finding yourself after chasing one thing for a long time. Discovering intrest again and what I would like to do. Thats on top of what I do for my income. I'm working on it, today is beautiful and I'm going to enjoy it! You too! :)

Thanks for the button infro! LOL...
Mike[/QUOTE]

Post by Guest » Sat May 29, 2010 9:56 am

[The anticipation mind state is usually one of catastrophy ]Originally posted by NinjaFrodo:
Like this??? LOL...
you take the QUOTE button that has the [] around it and then the /QUOTE also with the [] and put the text in there and it should look like what i put above.

I kinda did the same with my recovery. It was all about getting this done and that done and making sure i practiced my skills and I disregarded how i felt and just kept pushing myself for hours and hours and then work full time on top of that. I didn't let myself to fun things accept for videogames which then i would go overboard but that wasn't even fun....that was just me running my coping mechanism cycle. I would play for hours but i hated it! I would then feel guilty and ashamed. It definately isn't easy no...I actually feel like i'm discovering intrests for the first time but of course i've been struggling with this condition since i was 12.

Mike

Post by Guest » Sun May 30, 2010 9:57 am

Originally posted by NinjaFrodo:
Like this??? LOL...
Geez... I need more than help! :D

I've been doing better too at finding new likes and intrest. I'm glad I am not feeling anxiety everyday and useing that for an excuse not to explore new things. I think I have admitted to myself that I do have anxiety, work though it and keep going, it has built a platform for me to move forward. I used my newly found more effective & less affected skills this weekend, family cook out at my house, And I had fun! That in the past has been a harder then it sounds deal for me. Hope your having a fun weekend! :)

Post by Guest » Mon May 31, 2010 2:26 am

ah you did it, good job.

Sounds like you've made alot of progress with your recovery. I'm at the point where I can face my anxiety with certain things too but struggle with sleep related anxiety. Meaning i struggle alot with anxiety i get from having a poor night of sleep, anxiety before sleep itself and comittments to do activities over a longer time period than a day because i'm afraid i won't be able to handle it again because of the sleep.

My weekend went alright, sounds like you had a good one too.

Mike

Post by Guest » Mon May 31, 2010 3:58 am

It seams my problem is in consistancy. I can do it and work at it, but somedays seam like you have to really work hard at it and its more a struggle. Lucky for me I don't have much sleep problems. Most of the time I crash in about 10 mins. If I'm troubled or sick, or in some kind of pain then I toss and turn, and start the whole bad thinking thing. Which starts the worry about I didn't get my sleep thoughts. The next day is a drag though day and I'll perk up in time to enjoy a few hours of what left of the day. Just try your self talk, Last night was bad, I didn't do ... but tonight will be different. And break up your routine a little. See if that don't help. :)
Thanks for helping my with that " thing too! How funny I kept doing it wrong!

Post by Guest » Mon May 31, 2010 4:17 pm

We all have days when things are harder than others, i think thats what makes us human or living beings.

You just describe most of my days...being drag through days. They're really sucky

Break up my routine? I'm still developing my routine.

No worries on the quote, it happens.

Mike

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:07 am

Your right when you say we all have hard days, for some reason it is a comfort to hear that, or read that.
Well, the good news is your working on it, you will hit on something that will work for you!

I just thought for me, what ever I do nightly 1-2 hours before I go to bed, I mix it up slightly to help with the anticipation of sleep. But if you have not devoloped a bed time routine, maybe that would be of help as well. I am confident you WILL work it out. :)

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:12 am

Thank you, I am just so frustrated right now and just feeling more exhausted as this week progresses.

Mike

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”