more anxious than ever!!!!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
CarrieB

Post by CarrieB » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:42 pm

I have started the program and my anxiety and increased dramatically. I have been having more and more panic attacks than ever! Getting very frustrated and upset. has this happened to anyone else and how long did it take to subside?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi Carrie. This did happen to me as well. The first week of listening to the cds, watchign the videos and working in the workbook brought a constant uneasyness to me. It still does as I am almost in week 3 but not as much. It is hard for people like us to hear others stories because we are very sensitive and can easily put ourselves into the stories we hear. This is a part of the healing process as we need to listen but not get to close. Try not to feel what they are talking about. If you do, stop the cd or video and practice the breathing exercise until you feel relaxed and in control again. Then you can start it back up. The breathing exercise has been invaluable to me and getting through this.

Try to remember that the people talking are talking about their past. If the feelings they had are in the past they can't affect you now. I only use the program every other day or so because I find myself that on the days off I have all kinds of thoughts and ideas and realizations come to the surface. When I need input on those I go back to the program and this support forum to find the answers. I hope what has helped me will help you too. Don't give up. We are all here for you.

Chris

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”