Relaxation CD

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Grandpa Doggie

Post by Grandpa Doggie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:46 am

Listened to Relaxation CD and plan to listen again at end of this post. Please listen and use
this valuable tool as it brings peace of mind.
We can all learn to live with our disorder we
just have to believe. God Bless us all.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks for sharing. I'm waiting for mine to arrive.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:36 am

I agree, it is a valuable tool. Relaxing is such a vital part of our recovery from Anxiety. We don't realize how little we relax until we actually start DOING IT ! I am going to start Session 5 this coming week. Have a great Halloween everyone.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:39 am

PS: To add a little humor to my "signature" I have included this goofy photo of me from grade school ! I am 50 years old now, but it just makes me laugh when I look at me then ! A sense of humor goes a long way towards our path to recovery and wellness. Thanks, again, for listening.

Wonderfulight

Post by Wonderfulight » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:24 pm

LyndaLu...I was thinking you look awful good for 50!!! What is your secret? Cute picture. Glad you explained that.
"WORRY: Imagination in the wrong direction."

Raul F.

Post by Raul F. » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:03 am

hi everyone , does anyone else feel that their heart is pounding when it is so quiet while listening to the cd? I does'nt scare me but it does make me feel a little uncomfortable sometimes I know I'm o.k. but I was just wondering.

Wonderfulight

Post by Wonderfulight » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:43 pm

When I first started the relaxation CD, I was so "buzzy" and "jittery", I really noticed how much I needed to relax!! It was hard to stay still that long. After a few times I was able to quiet my body and mind much quicker. As you practice more, your pounding heart should calm down...that just shows how much you need to relax. Keep practicing and you'll get C C C A A A L L L M M M...... :p (that's supposed to be a Graemlin Code??
"WORRY: Imagination in the wrong direction."

Grandpa Doggie

Post by Grandpa Doggie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:22 am

Raul F. feeling your heart pounding means you are getting in touch with yourself, it's part of relaxation and self awareness. Keep
doing the relaxtion, I follow the relaxation CD in the morning instead of starting the day with coffee, I listen again at bedtime
after drinking a warm glass of milk. Using relaxation techniques in a.m.& p.m. is enveloping me in peace and calm, it will work for
you as well. Get comfortable and only wonder about the things that enrich your life, not necessarily money.

Wonderfulight, thanks for your definition of Worry.

Always take care and be mindful, God Bless us all, Grandpa Doggie.

Nononah

Post by Nononah » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:59 am

I find the relaxation CD very good. Sometimes, I fall asleep listening to it but wake up to hear a new part starting. I stop to think that I already heard this part, then I realize I dozed off while listening to it. I find it helpful to listen to that CD as well just before I am going out somewhere.

baley

Post by baley » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:43 am

Hi everyone, I have been listening to all the CDs since they arrived. This seems like an awesome program if I can make myself do the work. Procrastination is just one of my problems. I would like to hear how everyone is doing and whether you all feel the program is helping.
I am just figuring out how this site works so I may not be posting this in the correct area. Any insite would be appreciated.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”