My CONSTANT dizziness!!!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
yonyon

Post by yonyon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:00 am

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this, but I have chronic, constant dizziness that does not go away --- ever!! It's 24/7. My Naturopath Physician and Acupunturist both agree that it is a direct result/symptom of my anxiety and depression. I have had this symptom of dizziness for going on 28 years now! This bout has lasted for 4 months. Just wondering if I'm alone in this

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:43 am

This is a very common symptom of anxiety. What happens is the anxiety causes a large ammount of blood to go away from the organs of the body and into the muscles so we can fight or flee. Less blood means the organs do not function at peak level.

Less blood to the brain can manifest symptoms of forgetfulness and slow cognitive functioning,

Less blood to the stomach can cause slow digestion, bloating, gas, irritable bowel syndrome

Less blood to the inner ear is what throws off equilibrium and can thus lead to dizziness

With a high level of anxiety it can affect organs for a longer period of time which is why you can still have that dizziness even if you aren't having lots of anxiety in the moment. I know the dizziness can be scary but its going to take alot of relaxation to give your body the chance to repair itself. It is possible though, I've experienced this as well as many others before us.

Mike

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:16 am

So you have heard of people having "constant, 24/7 dizziness before??? I felt like I was the only one and that alone makes me feel like I must be "crazy"! My naturopath says it WILL go away eventually, with work on my part.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:41 pm

I've suffered with that + bewilderment for 15 years, I've also noticed many many threads about it over the 6 years i've been coming to these forums and It has even been topic of discussion while i was having group therapy at The Centre for Mental health and addictions. I've also read about it in some books like Dr.Weekes's book Hope and help for the nerves. I've seen it a tremendous lot. It has scared me and caused lots of anxiety and yes made me feel like i was going crazy, I can definately relate to that but your naturopath is right, it can go away the trick however is to not be scared of it and that can be accomplished by relaxation and the information in the program.

Mike

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”