Anxious at bedtime

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Mikki1968

Post by Mikki1968 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:05 am

I've been out of the program and off my Xanax form almost a year. I was 100% recovered but I was doing really well. Anyway on March 4 I woke up out of my sleep with a panic attack.( I don't know what triggered it) Since then I have had this happen 2 more times. And every night before bed I start to get nervous. I starting listening to my relaxion cd at bedtime. Please help. I want to feel good again.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 am

Wow, you completed the program..a graduate..something to be proud of..since you completed the course you have a valuable library of coping skills you can use forever. Since life is something we experience on a daily basis we are again affected by what goes on around us and our old way of thinking can creep in. Not to worry, remember the rescue cd in session 13-14-15..yes that one, get it out and play it in the car, at home while you do stuff around your house etc.The skills that helped you get over your first panic episodes are still in your head, just refresh them and use the carry along cards, remember them? Now when life takes a bite out of you....bite back with the program skills. They are there for you to use whenever... it will pass and can not hurt you, remember?..scary thoughts remember? Pay attention again to session 3 and 12, they are the key ones..do not be afraid...float with it...remember that?...a big valuable skill for us..do these things and you will be fine..also, I would start a journal again to see what is triggering this, time of day, food, places events etc, remember doing that?...do it again. Remember, do not panic you will be fine once more..it will pass it always does... Bass

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Bass,thanks for your help.Mikki1968

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”