relaxation session

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:52 am

I'm not huge on the relaxation session. I just feel like it doesn't always work for me, so I don't use it 3 times daily. Is that okay? Will the program still be completely effective?

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:31 pm

The main aspect of the condition is the fight or flight response...the calming response is needed to turn that off so yes it is very important to relax...does that mean you can only use the relaxation cd to do it? No, you can get other guided meditations to help you out.

One thing however you may want to think about...what exactly do you mean that it doesn't always work for you? Do you mean it doesn't work even 1% or that it doesn't work 100% of the time when you do it? The way any skill or new habit you want to learn works is in the beginning it isn't overly helpful and we aren't very good at whatever it is...we keep doing it and we start to get better at it and it becomes more effective. You get better and better and it becomes more and more effective until you can feel relaxed after having it on for like 10 seconds. It takes time, progress will be slow in the beginning, there will be alot of times when it doesn't feel effective and others when it really feels effective and there are going to be times when you don't follow through with the relaxation and other times when you do and That is all alright. This is just how it works. When we start we are at point A and we want to get to point B...we need make the journey there...we cannot just teleport to point B.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”