I really need some help

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
susieqm

Post by susieqm » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 am

I've stopped and restarted the program about 3 times and I know that probably why nothing is working now. My anxiety is worse than ever ( worse than before I even decided to purchase the program)and I don't know what to do. Listenings to the sessions/relaxation cd does not help and to completely honest I'm too tired from being up the majority of the night, not to mention 8 1/2 months pregnant to really do much in the way of exercise. Whenever I attempt to lie down to rest, within 5 minutes I feel my heart start to pound and shortly after the anxiety follows. Oddly the anxiety "settles" in my arms and legs making me feel as if I want to rip them off. I had never felt that way before. I'm on an antidepressant that was recently switched because of the appearance of these odd new symptoms. The new one isn't providing any type of relief either. I'm afraid to stop them all together because the antidepressants seemed to really help with the constant burning muscle pain that would make even the smallest effort seem like a chore and completely wear me out. Having to constantly deal with that pain made me feel extremely fatigued, worthless, weak, irritable, depressed, etc. and I dread feeling that way again, but don't want to feel like I want to jump out of my skin and run as far way as fast as I can either-which is how I feel now. I don't know what to do. Nothing is working and I'm scared and beginning to feel hopeless.

0124vtd

Post by 0124vtd » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:46 pm

You must keep faith in yourself and this program susieqm. You really have to participate in it and really work hard at the workbook assignments and listen to the relaxation CD everytime you get a chance. These are all the things that have helped me to start overcoming this disorder. You must keep telling yourself that no matter how you feel that you are ok and that you will be ok. You will get over this disorder and enjoy life again as you used to. Positive self talk and reassurance is really a very important part of getting over all of this. Keep your chin up and push through the program. I got more anxiety once I started using the program but I kept pushing and got through it. You will be ok just keep pushing forward in the program and really work hard at it and do everything that Lucinda suggests. :)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Wow, SusieQM--Boy, I've been pregnant a few times and never had felt like jumping or anything. I prefered taking a nap. But at 8 1/2 months along it is more than likely that you aren't going to sleep because you should start getting BraxenHicks contractions. (spelling is probably wrong)

You better have you blood pressure checked so that you aren't having a condition called Pre-Eclampsia. You might need some Xanax or Temazepam that will calm you down. I'm not saying to take it, see the GYN/OB right away.

I ended up delivering my first baby and afterwards I was diagnosed as having Pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure was 160/100 and temperature was 103* after I delivered.

I didn't take Lamaze classes or anything before my first baby and didn't know how to breathe and relax during contractions, and I was under some emotional stress at the time. Only because I had to fly to another state to have my baby for insurance purposes.

So living at home w/ my parents after being on my own for 4 weeks before I went into labor was a bit stressful, but I was under stress I think before I even flew home.

I hope I'm wrong here, but definitely call your GYN/OB. Keep posting here...are you all alone with your pregnancy? :) Paislee

struggling Christian

Post by struggling Christian » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:12 am

I have been struggling with restlessness and extreme anxiety as well. I was taken off of Abilify for that reason. Some medicines cause this. Extreme restlessness is called Akathesia, not sure if I spelled it right. Some of the anti-depressants list this as a side effect. I would talk to your doctor about it if it is not getting any better.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”