Exercise - Really?

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
cj20520

Post by cj20520 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 am

Ok - so i used to work out all the time - running, weights, skiing, just about anything. Since the anxiety - it is the last thing i want to do. I would go for a bike ride and end up having a panic attack - go running - end up with a panic attack. I get that i have to face it and get through it, but i have NO desire what so ever. Plus, i am on my feet for 8 hours a day, running around for other people. How do i get motivated to workout after that?

Keeping the Faith

Post by Keeping the Faith » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:06 pm

I don't like to sweat or breathe hard when I am anxious so the LAST thing I want to do is work out even though I should.

I started doing yoga during those times....keeps me limber and somewhat active and at least I can take pleasure in knowing I did something good for myself. And it's wonderful for anxiety.

Forward bends help you chest open and release tension. They soothe your emotions and your nervous system so you get double the benefits!

cj20520

Post by cj20520 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Thank you Keeping the Faith - i have a couple of yoga dvd's and i do enjoy them. I will give them another try.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”