Need advice

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
ali04

Post by ali04 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:58 am

It's been along time since I have been on here. I have not completed the program as of yet. I really need to stay committed to it and focused. I am sitting here crying as I type this as I have been extremely depressed and am having panic attacks especially driving and have noone to turn too. Now my husband leaves this morning telling me he is going to a car show with my 10 yr. old and then comes home to show me that he took a loan out and bought a older corvette. I went totally off and am really hurt and upset. Here we are trying to get out of debt. We have 4 kids one the oldest in college. Anyways I have done nothing since moving here 4 years ago and really have sunk into a deep depression. I do everything alone unless with my kids. My kids don't deserve to see me sad and crying and low energy. We had plans to go hiking today as we have been doing this as a family with husband for the past couple weekends. Now I feel so unhappy that he didn't even talk this over with me first that I don't want to go and am just upset and distraught. Just wondering if this is irrational to feel this way. I think it was selfish of my husband. I never hardly buy anything and am very low maintenance. I feel embarressed to even share that he bought this to my family who all live away from me. I just feel like we have other things more important and already have to older suv's and why would he need a corvette. I feel like it was an unfair decision and he has totally ruined my day. I am afraid to go to see a doctor for my anxiety and depression because I don't want to have to take meds and know that is what I will be told. Doctors always want to push a prescription at you and I have been trying naturally to overcome this. But am not handling it well after husband doing this. I already have enough stress in my life and then for him to add this to it. And all he ever says is how negative I am that I am starting to lose respect from my children. I have a 14 yr. old who is constantly lying and being rude to me. I just needed to vent and have no one to talk to. My world seems so small right now. I can't even tell to many family members and how most of them don't have the time of day or even want to listen. I wonder why me as I am always to caring of other people and always think and worry to much. How they feel about me etc. Will this sadness ever end. I feel so stuck. Sorry to make this so long I just had to vent and have a headache now from crying so hard.

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi ali04,
When I read your post I was able to relate. I understand the hopelessness of anxiety and depression. I can also understand how upset you must feel with your husband. I think that communication is one of the most important things in a marriage and I understand you being upset. I don't think it is irrational the way you feel.
You can make the decision of getting better. Please think that this is the time to take care of yourself. You have the program, you have the tools to get better.
You will find a lot of people who is willing to listen and support you.
I got the program in July, I have been dealing with panic attacks and anxiety for over 2 years. I feel much better since I started the program, but also here we have a group of people that are working together on this. You are more than welcome to join us. We are on lesson 3 now, but there are a couple people that are on lesson 2.

http://bbs.stresscenter.com/ev...6422001#534006422001

You can get better, you can do something to change your situation.
I wish you the best, and I hope to see your posts.
Hope
"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, it empties today of its strength." – Unknown

ali04

Post by ali04 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Hope Thanks so much for the encouragement and for reading my post and understanding. That has made me feel alot better. I want more then anything to feel better and get over all these crying jags and anxiety attacks. I do know that I have to make changes and take care of myself.
I would love to join on lesson 3 and I feel I have listened to 1 and 2 several times so I will be on board. Do I just start the lesson now and follow along? I am ready for the tools to change. I am hurt by my husband's non communication and have ruined my entire day by dwelling on it and it was his choice that I can't change. I have a migraine and have realized how scary it is what stress can do. I woke up this morning in such a good mood ready for the day and then it changed and I am the one left feeling bad why he goes about his day. Amazing how it works. Thanks again I really appreciate the support and can count on this forum for the help I need which is awesome. I can't wait to start feeling better.

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi ali04,
I know, sometimes the anxiety finds its way to ruin a whole day. Don't worry, you are in the right place. It takes time, but little by little we are getting better.
I posted the link to "Challenge... Lesson 3". Read what we have posted and feel free to post anytime.
At the begining of lesson 2 we have a few ideas on how to work this. You can read that one just to give you an idea. Nothing complicated. We basically follow the progrma's instructions and post about our progress.
Hope to see your posts there soon.
We will get better. :)
Hope
"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, it empties today of its strength." – Unknown

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:01 pm

The Challenge... Lesson 3

Here is the link, let me know if you can't find us.

ali04

Post by ali04 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks again Hope. I will start on lesson 3. Do you work on it everyday?

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:45 am

I try to. I listen to the CD at least 3 times a week. I use the relaxation CD every day. Just a little time every day.

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:20 am

ali04

We are now on lesson 4. Some of us post on a daily basis and others post every couple of days, its whatever works for each individual. Whatever you put into it, you will get out of it. Anybody can join at any time but it is a good idea to do lesson 2 and 3 and to understand the concepts of the 6 steps for overcome anxiety, stress and any strong negative thought as well as positive thinking. I constantly refer back to the 6 steps and I like to replace negative thoughts with positive ones so even if you choose to not spend a whole week on both lesson 2 and 3 that is fine. You can find lesson 4 challenge in the lesson 4 category of the forums.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

THH

Post by THH » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:34 pm

Welcome ali04!
You ARE in the right place. I can remember feeling like you. My life so out of control.This program has changed my life around. I am not exactly where I want to be, but I am soooo much better than where I joined in. You will too. Take your time doing this program. Do it at your own pace. try to really get the point of each lesson, and where to apply it into your life. I really liked this forum, and read pages, posted and found a real support system. We are all here for each other working together to change our thoughts. :)
good luck to you, wishing you peace!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”