Bullys, Rudeness and Negativity Directed at you!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:50 am

You did it! Good for you!!! :) I'm also glad you feel a bit better for doing it. May the healing begin and fill your life with good stuff!!!

Your question" can people truely let go? I mean fully let go?"

I don't know what the answer is? I know I have known people who have had severe tradgy such as coming home from war, loosing parents at a young age, car accidents ect...to go on and lead good fulfilling lives. I know one man who is a quad. after a accident, who continued to judge feild trials at dog shows, whom reciently got married!

In my opinion, letting go is more a journey then a quick thing that we do. My dad always says " how do you eat a elephant? one bite at a time!"

When you start to entertain those thoughts of the past,Use your learned skills in the Lucinda program to live life in the present, & put your new skills into action! Remember "lifes not fair". The past is the past, live in the now! Move forward, forward motion. Keep practicing... :) YOU CAN!

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:15 am

How are you feeling, Mike?

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:00 am

Pretty up and down right now but i've decided that the most important thing is using the relaxation cd and the 6 steps. I'm working towards finding myself a job. I actually scared myself with catastrophizing thoughts about finances and such, but i think i've calmed myself down a fair bit and reassured myself that if I need help, people will help me. So for now i'm doing relaxation, positive self-talk with the 6 steps, working out at the gym, walking, yoga and hip-hop. Might even get some sun tanning in there too.

MIke

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:31 am

Good Mike, on working towards your goals, like finding a job, doing your relaxation, and keeping your self focused. Thats taking care of your self! :)
I too have ups and downs, But have learned to concentrate on the ups, relax, wait through the downs, it will come up again.
Do you like to listen to music? I like to do that when I need a lift up. Walking is good too, I like to be in the woods, enjoy seeing wildlife. This week I see 2 mother turkeys with thier little babies running around. It was sooo cute. Its a treat to be there at the right time to catch some cool things. There is a nice water fall there as well. I like to hear water moving.
Keep up the good work! :)

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:46 am

Mike,

I just read your post and I'd like to say that you are an amazing person. You've been strong enough to stand for what is right in the face of tremendous adversity even though you don't understand why these terrible things happened to you. Even though you can't fathom why it happened and why you weren't protected, you've maintained your sights on the truth and virtue. You are doing what is right and you are still being blamed and labeled as bad, yet you KNOW that you aren't to blame and you aren't bad. That alone is tremendous and requires a strength of mind that should be applauded.

I am proud of you. You still share with others and try to make the world a better place. I know you have been an encouragement to me. Congratulations for refusing to be a victim and for encouraging others to stand up for what's right! What you are accomplishing is absolutely amazing and inspiring.

I know it's a process and a long one, which can be discouraging. However, I feel compelled to tell you all of this so you can look back and take stock of how far you've come. And so you can know that you are a blessing to those around you.

Thank you so much for sharing yourself with us.
Peace!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:23 pm

THH

I like to listen to music but i happen to get into a kinda pattern where i feel i have to run to my videogames or computer. Going to the gym breaks that and i listen to music while i walk there and while i'm working out but i think i need some new stuff.

2 mother turkeys with their little babies eh, that sounds like it would be cute and i am jealous about the waterfall.

New_Nana

Thank you so much for your post, I makes me feel really good. You're right i have stood for what is right despite anything and well i have Xena warrior princess to thank for that one. It was that show that taught me to do that...as well as my videogames (they aren't just rotting kids brains you know). I'd say that i was kinda raised artificially by Xena and the characters in videogames.

I do not know 100% why but I only have my assumptions. I know that people who abuse have likely been abused themselves and the topic itself was not one that was spoken of up until a couple decades ago. From what i know it is a generational problem and I believe that if it is not dealt with then the abused person is more likely to become an abuser.

You know its really intresting about death. You think that after the person dies, thats it...no more communication or contact. Its not true. One day while i was treating in student clinic in collage i ended up getting a psychic as a client. I had never seen this person before, she just came to me and well patient-student matching was pretty much random. This lady told me that a motherly figure of mine passed away and told me how she passed away. She was passing messages from my mother. She told me that i was her angel, I guess because i was able to do that one thing that she couldn't and stop her father. She also accepted me for being gay which well i had never talked to her about that.

I really want to be someone that others can look up to, someone that is inspiring to others. for a decade and a half i've been telling myself that i need to use this pain to help others and so i'm going to any way i can. I've actually talked to someone who is a psychotherapist and am planning to set up group therapy for people suffering with anxiety and depression somewhere in the future.

A blessing to those around me eh, thats good to hear because i haven't really felt that way much in the past couple of weeks. I guess its cuz my involvement on here is so much more then in person.

Thank you again,

Mike

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:04 pm

Mike, thank you for sharing your story. To be seen is to be healed. It helps to get the story out and have a supportive network of caring people. You've had a rough go of it. Despite that, you are a strong grounded brilliant person with intuitive/ innate gifts of perception and understanding with an excellent command of language. I'm also a victim of sexual trauma. It affects everything, at times filling every cell of your being with the fallout. It changes something deep in subconscious... like a tape playing in the background you usually can't hear, but the sounds/ words of which are an overarching dark self-hatred and doubt and belief that you are rotten, undeserving, bad, wrong, damaged... not enough words express it and you have no idea where the "stop" button is... but I believe there is one. I have sexual thoughts about women but have no idea if they are "real". I never confronted my abuser, and have no idea where to find him even if I wanted to; I shrunk away, became smaller and withdrawn. At the time, there was no where to express any of it, no safe place to complete the cycle. I'm trying EMDR and EFT therapies, in addition to reading self-help books, using the Attacking Anxiety Program, medication, and good ol' CBT/ DBT. This process is painful but more painful would be stuffing. I too, believe strongly that good will come out of this experience, this suffering, and I think that outcome, whatever the details of it look like, is a choice, or rather, the result of innumerable choices added over time. Your experience with the psychic is a powerful one. Thank you again for sharing. I really like the balloon idea. Another one is to burn the pieces of paper, or to float them down a river. Or maybe flush them down the toilet, ha ha. I'd write more but I'm at work.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”