facial flushing

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
worryguy

Post by worryguy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:32 am

Okay...I'm in panic mode...... anxiety...along with diarrhea and now some facial flushing. So I googled it and the results gave me real terrible diseases. Have any of you had these facial flush episodes? Help me!!!!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:23 pm

I have had the whites of my eyes turn red. I don't know if that is due to my medication, Remeron or panic feelings that are masked. I'm also female and going through the change, so I experience feeling faint while taking a shower. I feel scared taking a shower, so don't know if both are connected. Being closed in...or feeling faint due to too much heat and moisture.

I've had to take cooler showers, or sit down and make sure all exhaust fans or windows are open. So it is a Catch 22, am I afraid of taking a shower so that brings on flushing or is flushing causing the fearfulness. Either way, it is a physical reaction to something not quite right with my body's system.

This is a new experience for me as I have never been afraid of water, but have felt faint before. So that brings on some panicky feelings.

Marta

Post by Marta » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:02 am

Worryguy...my cheeks get flushed when i get anxious as well as a bunch of other bothersome symptoms. Its just the anxiety it is not a disease!!!

worryguy

Post by worryguy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks....... I appreciate the response.... I teach middle school and it seems as though half way through the day my face heats up. I've also noticed that on weekends...it doesnt tend to happen....yeah..anxious. Thanks for you response...I'm not alone. JON

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:32 am

Dear Worryguy: Both of my ears get totally red sometimes ! And I can FEEL them getting red and all heated up ! I don't know what causes it and it looks pretty funny to be walking around with red ears, but I believe that it is just caused by anxiety. I agree with Marta, it is NOT a DISEASE.

On another note : A few years ago I was Googling every little symptom that I was having, physical or psychological and that just made me MORE anxious. I no longer look up anything medical on the Internet due to the fact that it makes me more stressed out to do so. The Internet is a great tool, but sometimes it can work against us instead of for us.

If you are genuinely concerned that this facial flushing is connected with a medical condition, don't be afraid to see your doctor to get a second opinion.

You are a teacher ?
What a wonderful profession ! Keep up the great work and keep in touch. Lynda

Blushpro

Re: facial flushing

Post by Blushpro » Thu May 12, 2011 3:22 pm

I get this too. Whenever I am in even a remotely stressful situation I go red and splotchy. I can feel it coming on and it's accompanied by heart palpitations and sweating. Then I get stressed about looking like a red faced idiot. Sometimes I go red in the middle of a conversation with someone I know well, for no apparent reason. I presume it's a form of panic attack. Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening? I would like to be able to turn to an anxiety med or something when I know I will be in a stressful situation to prevent this from happening. Is that kind of med even available?

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”