hard to believe physical symtoms are from axiety

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Adrien

Post by Adrien » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:15 am

Manuela - Love your words that we are "all on the same boat" - such a visual - it actually made me laugh! :D

It also made me think of something that I want to share with you all. You know how they say that instead of fighting against or hating a disease, that one should show it love and compassion? Well.....let's love these feelings of anxiety and not resist them. Let's just love it to death!!! It will not have much fun with us any longer which means it won't bother wasting its time on us. That will drive it crazy!
Adrien

flippinkid

Post by flippinkid » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:46 am

Adrien,

love your post. Such a simple concept but very effective.
As for the symptoms, I've had all of the above and very distressing they were too. I say were because I have completed session 15 and am almost but not quite symptom free. Gotta keep working on it though.

manuela

Post by manuela » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Adrien,
That sounds like a great idea!
If we can all find a way to do it, it just might work.
Actually from experience I've noticed that the more fearful I am the more anxious I get.
The minute I am able to say to myself, "it's ok, let it go, this is not scaring me, (and mean it) somehow the fear goes away.
Probably the biggest reason for our anxiety is low tolerance for ourselves and situations in our lives(including anxiety). The sooner we accept and even embrace the not so good things in life and in ourselves the better. And a big dose of good humor is great. I'm glad you found "the boat" funny! :D

Pauly J

Post by Pauly J » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:27 am

It just seems to me sometimes that when the Doctors cannot find a cause for any symptom they just throw it in the category of anxiety! I agree there are just so many aggravating symptoms to anxiety that just doesnt seem to make sense!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”