Anger...so much anger

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:17 pm

It was a necessary situation. It motivated me to get back into replacing thoughts on paper and i'm also thinking of going through the program yet again for the 5478394739 time.

You're right we cannot lie to ourselves but wow your leg would swell...that is diffrent.

I have read the posts you put in my recent threads and you had mentioned about the doctors and your sister and something about how she was the one who is putting herself through it with her controlling attitude or something along those lines...I made me come up with a question that i may use when looking at the people i want to forgive...what are the people involved in this situation in control of? Yes perhaps they have done some aweful things to me but they do not create the thoughts that i am thinking now. I'm in control of that, not them which means i'm the one who can change that, they don't have that control over me.

As for the NO FEAR issue...i had a housemate who got a tattoo that said somehting about NO FEAR or FEARLESS and i kept thinking "your so full of it", the guy was an alcoholic...I think thats just really far into denial.

Mike

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:12 am

Wow. Yes the NO FEAR thing is such a JOKE! You know even though I did the Forgiveness bit on my sister in law, yesterday my mom and I was talking about her and the venom in my desire to see her die a slow and painful death came up once again. So even I still have issues with people like my dad, and others that still trigger in me ANGER AND RESENTMENT!!!!
But little by little I'm trying to release me from the hold they have on me through my hateful emotions I still harbor towards them by doing this Baby Step wise.
Thanx.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Well thats relieving, I thought it is just a one time sorta thing the way its suppose to work but thats just an unrealistic expectation. What does one do for these baby steps? Just do the same exercise over and over again?

I feel kinda sorry for people like that, there is no way someone like her could feel good about herself if strives to get money in such a horrible way and frankly even if she does get that money I highly doubt it will make her feel better. I actually just found out that my aunt was in charge of paying the bills and my uncle would give her the money for them and instead of her paying the bills, she kept it and was saving up that money to leave my uncle. Now i don't believe it was with all the bills as it took a long while for my uncle to find out and he found out because the bank sent a letter threatening to take the house because the bills weren't payed for so long. People who do things like that pay the consequences...one of her daughters wants nothing to do with her anymore because of that and frankly alot of us know how it feels when we hurt others. Unless you are a sociopath, you are going to feel guilt and shame.

Have you thought of confronting her about the situation?

Mike

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”