anxiety causing fatigue???

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
worryguy

Post by worryguy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Hey folks..... I'm sort of new to this... I'm always anxious or depressed. I cant seem to get out of this rut. Have any of you noticed or experienced fatigue during all of this? I just feel like its easier to just sleep... because while you;re sleeping the anxiety and depression are less. Anyone help me if they too feel this way?

dwoods

Post by dwoods » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:00 am

fatigue was a big part of my anxiety. You may just have to get up and do something productive. You have to start thinking more positive and that will go away. If you begin to excersise your symptoms will begin see a change. :)

worryguy

Post by worryguy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:38 am

Thank you dwoods. I'm amazed at how tired I can get. I can sort of feel thats its a mental type of tired....my mind races and races and wears me down. I wish I could just get part way back to how I use to feel when I was in my 20's and 30's...... lived everyday like it was going to last forever.

Wonderfulight

Post by Wonderfulight » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:09 pm

I used to feel that way...very exhausted just from my mind going! But with me, if I tried to sleep I just kept dreaming it. I pushed myself and started an art class at the local Sr.Center and that has really helped because I told myself "I've got to get there every week." It takes me away from depression and anxiety, at least for the time I'm there. Every little thing helps, just keep doing it. Sleeping just drags you down more and more. Good Luck finding something you like to do.
"WORRY: Imagination in the wrong direction."

worryguy

Post by worryguy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:54 pm

wonderfulight...good for you. I just got back from a neighbors..... I decided to go for a visit rather than to sit at home dwelling on my thoughts.... at this point I feel better..... I appreciate your help and the time you took to respond...thank you.

Wonderfulight

Post by Wonderfulight » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:42 pm

Worryguy...good work, visiting the neighbor. Just do ANYTHING to change your environment. I used to walk my dogs all day long. The more you do it, the better it gets. It may seem temporary, but a lot of temporaries add up to a whole day of distraction! Keep going. Good for you.
"WORRY: Imagination in the wrong direction."

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:51 pm

While I am going through my anxiety, I would call up a sister who talked about Lucinda and then sent me her CD, I guess it is an intro one. Anyway, this sister has been suffering from all kinds of emotional disorder that has kept her from holding a job. She is smart, but has gone through some traumas in her lifetime. Anyway, I've started to call her and wait for her to call me back, if she doesn't hear the phone. She is older than me and very disorganized, etc.

But I listen to her now, and I don't try to change her or get offended by her. Her defenses ease up as she realizes I'm not going to judge her, etc. I also have to be careful to not let her control me or hit me up for some favor, unless I am truly willing to do it. One has to set boundaries with her. So this has helped me to listen to her and her experiences and wisdom in areas that are different than mine.

So it has been good for both of us. I'm distracted and the talking that I do get in and even some weeping is helpful. We can talk about our growing up years and experience with a very nervous mother and how we have been affected by her.

We commend each other as we achieve some goals with our mental and physical health. So it is all good. She hasn't heard that I've watched Lucinda's CD yet nor got on here. She will be thrilled to know I'm here. I'm also free to write a little bit about her, because she is very behind in the computer world although not without people trying to help her. She just has too many things going against her at this time for her to be on a computer.

Things that are easy for a normal functioning person can put her in a tailspin. Unfortunately, my parents suffered trying to "fix" her, to no avail. They passed on with the same worries for her. Anyway, this is just a thought of one idea.

Another, is that I visited my elderly Aunts while out of state and listened to them until way late and they wanted me to spend the night.
Although they have some adult children near by, it was fun for them to have some company from their niece and talk about all kinds of things. This really helped me to not feel that "jittery sensations" of anxiety, etc.

Even though I don't know what is causing the anxiety at this time. There are some suggestions of past events or present physical changes. All part of ageing or changing of family dynamics or situations.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 am

Dear Worryguy:

Fatigue............oh yeah, I have suffered from fatigue for years! My problem is not with sleeping TOO MUCH, my problem is with not being able to sleep at all ( insomnia ). Anxiety, stress and depression absolutely lead to fatigue.

Continue with the program and practice it every day, it may take some time to learn new positive skills to take the place of the old negative ones, but it WILL happen. Take it minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. We will be here for you. Lynda

Raul F.

Post by Raul F. » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:45 am

Hey Worryguy , Yeah fatigue it gets me almost everyday I'm just so beat but I still have to go to work, luckily for me I have some great coworkers who have really helped me . The thing is you really just need to keep yourself busy even though it's hard sometimes and sleeping feels like the best thing to do. I'm not a veteran to this program but I it's helped me alot, good luck

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”