Any other transgenders working the program?

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Liz*

Post by Liz* » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:26 am

TG in therapy and working on my second self. Not into transition, just accepting my two personalities and living life to the fullest. Thanks
Last edited by Liz* on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi lisafoxx:

Well, I just looked up "transgender" on the Internet and I was amazed by all of the definations !

The only information I know about being a transgender is what I have seen on television. It seems like a very difficult transition and that some people go back and forth from female to male until they decide which is the right one for them. I hope that your therapy is successful and that you can, in the very near future, decide what is best for you.

Session Three: " I am worthy of inner peace".

Later. Lynda

Liz*

Post by Liz* » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:17 pm

That was sooo sweet of you to spend time to look up transgender and respond. You must be a very caring person.

You're right, there are many variations of transgender. For me, I have the best of both worlds. I have traits of both sexes and prefer to be blind to definitions, I go with the flow. I spend more of my time en femme, but enjoy my male side as well. It makes it tough in many ways to not choose one or the other, but it makes me more comfortable this way. My therapist is great and so non judgmental. She is helping me tremendously.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. God bless, Lisa

Nugget28

Post by Nugget28 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:44 am

lisafoxx I admire you so much.
I am not transgender but I am a lesbian.
Wish I could live my life to the fullest.
I am having such a difficult time with coming out. Being in the closet for so long( I'm 28 and known I was gay since 12) This probably the biggest reason for my anxiety/depression.

karmatism

Post by karmatism » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:22 am

Nugget28 - Why are you afraid of coming out?

I'm not gay, but I tried having a relationship with a women for several months. I was attracted to her and wanted to see what it was like, but the whole time she felt more like a close friend and I always felt like something was missing for me. Anyway, my family was mortified to say the least and it bothered me a little. More so because I thought they should be supportive instead of judgmental. I kind of brushed it off like, you know what? It's THEIR problem. It makes them uncomfortable because they have issues with it. Personally I thought it was pretty healthy of me to admit my attraction and see if there was anything to it. Just as it would be for you to free yourself of the opinions of others and be true to yourself! Remember lesson 3? Lucinda says it doesn't matter who you are or what you do, not everybody is going to like you or apporive of your decisions anyway, so why not be your real self? I think you would find that all sorts of new people would enter your life.

Liz*

Post by Liz* » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:11 pm

What a great answer! I'm Liz (was originally lisafoxx, but Liz fits me much better)

You are absolutely right, people should be accepting not judgemental. When one judges, they are only using their own value system anyway, and who says they are perfect?

Today, I spent the whole day as Liz, and you know what? EVERYBODY treated me with kindness and respect - from my landlady to the girl at the convenience store to the guy who fixed my computer. If only I knew this years ago but I was too busy condemning myself. So all I can say is be yourself and people will love you for who you are, and if they don't that's their problem. Liz

DrRylie

Post by DrRylie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:44 pm

I am not a transgender however Iam a Dr of Holistic Sexology and I currently working with clients who are transgenders. I am a lesbian also. Would love to talk to you because I counsel to LGBT in my profession. Look forward to talking with you.
Dr Rylie

Liz*

Post by Liz* » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks, Doc. I'll send you a private message. Liz

Nugget28

Post by Nugget28 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:50 am

Karmatisme,
To answer your question. The reason used to be that I was so afraid what everybody would think of me and how they would react.
But now I'm starting to care less what everyone thinks. Right now I just feel like I don't have someone in real life that understands what I am going through and would have my back in case my family would react really bad. I'm working on getting to know some gay people but its not going as fast as I would like.

Liz*

Post by Liz* » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm with you, Nugget. Why does everyone want us to conform to their desires? I did for years and it caused so much anxiety and confusion. Session 4 really did wonders for me as I have always expected so much of myself and of others. I have come to the realization that others will most likely let me down because their values, goals and priorities are not mine. And mine are not theirs, so I'll let them down. Life's too short to let these things cause anxiety, depression, whatever. I'm so relaxed right now, dressed and being Liz, watching football bowl games. Life is good.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”