IT'S A NEW DAY

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Mystikal1231

Post by Mystikal1231 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:15 am

OK - I think I finally get it.... It took me a while, as I'm not on session 6 moving to 7 this week... but my lightbulb from 3 finally came on!!!

I keep going back and forth on my thoughts of this program and if it can help me. (and other negative thoughts as well) Well it's time for me to get OFF of my pitty pot!!! I can do it, only if I want to. I need to face my fear instead of letting it hold me back!! I have a fear of getting better... don't know exactly what's behind the fear (affraid of who i'll be if I'm better, if my family & friends will still be there etc) but I know it's there, and it's there because I THINK it to be there!! It's time to get rid of ALL the negativity and be positive, no matter how hard that may be!!!

I have just written a little list of things... I am smart, I am creative, I am caring etc.. I am going to type them, print them & lamitate them, every morning I will say them to myself and every evening... just as I've said the negatives enough (your to stupid to do it, you'll never suceed etc...) to beleive them, if I say the positives enough I to will learn to beleive those!!!

When I have those thoughts that I can't do this - I have to stop RIGHT AWAY!! I CAN do this - I AM DOING this!!!!!

I was just reading and it was described as a garden... the negatives are weeds and the positives are beautiful flowers... well right now I don't think there are any flowers in my garden!! it's time to pull my weeds and plant some flowers!!!
** How can you give love to others, or recieve love of others - if you can not 1st love yourself? **

Blick

Post by Blick » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:24 am

That's a great attitude Mystikal1231... we are negative thinkers by nature now and we need to CHANGE that.

I am working on being positive myself. It is a hard habit to break. But like you, I am determined to do it.

Mystikal1231

Post by Mystikal1231 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:20 am

Thanks Blick - I just couldn't keep going on with the "internal fight" I had to make the decision to stop it!!
I have done very well with it! I have still started a few times, but was able to stop myself right away!!
This program is working... of course it's not instant. I did not instantly become this way.
it's a lot of work, but it will be more than worth it, I AM up for the challenge! I CAN do it!!

we ALL can do it!!
** How can you give love to others, or recieve love of others - if you can not 1st love yourself? **

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”