A day in the life

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:40 am

An idea popped into my head the other day which was the inspiration for this thread, I was thinking about how i created a thread asking what would you like to be and I thought hey what about looking at how we live and how we want to live. Its kinda like a complimentary thread to that one i just mentioned. So in this thread what i'd like for us to do is post how we spend a typical day and then post how we would like to spend a typical day. I'll start.

The me before's typical day;

I would have gone to sleep really late, wake up with tons of anxiety because I went to sleep late. I would then jump on the computer and start playing online game or go onto one of my videogame consoles. I'd play for like 4 or 5 hours and then get something to eat and go back to playing the game. Another 4-5 hours and I'd again get something to eat. I'd repeat that cycle and as I'm playing the videogame i would think that i need to relax but I'd get stuck in the thought pattern that i don't have enough time. I would feel guilty about spending so much time on the game and nothing else and it would seem like the day was too short. My guilt would keep me up late and i'd get to bed really late.

How my day works starting this week;

I go to sleep really late and wake up late. I listen to 1-3 guided meditations and then i get on my computer, I check facebook, hotmail, plentyoffish, stresscenter. I might post on the forums and respond on facebook. I then go and make breakfast, make a protein smoothe and prepare a couple of meals for when i'm out. I then walk to the gym (which takes 1 hour), I do some cardio some of the time, I workout a specific muscle group for the session and I may do hip-hop or some other classes depending on the day. So with workout alone its like 1-1.5h, add another 1 hour for the classes and another 15 min when i use the relaxation cd after workout and stretching. I then walk back home (another hour) and I make some more food. I come back onto the computer and watch some tv shows and maybe play my game and I still end up getting to bed late.

How i'd like my day to be;

Wake up after getting to bed somewhere before 12, do some kind of relaxation upon waking. Make breakfast and eat it, make smoothe and food for the day. Go into work, do some kinda meditation or calming activity during one of the breaks. Go workout after work, do a class, stretch and go out to see friends or go home and do singing lessons or maybe even do gymnastics or martial arts. I'd then come home, watch some tv shows, go on comp and do comp stuff and then lay down on my bed listening to some kinda calming music and then fall asleep.

I guess i'm already transitioning into it

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”