Major axiety over more JAW TMJ SURGERY

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
McNiner

Post by McNiner » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi Everybody,

I started having major anxiety and depression after finding out that I need to have TMJ surgery (it's major, they go in cut and move your jaws forward - 8 hour surgery...5 months recovery..it's gnarly)..What makes my anxiety so terrible is that I had Jaw surgery once in 1995 and it was horrific!!! I saw a world renound expert oral surgeon in Dallas Texas Dr. Larry Wolford, who assured me the second surgery would help..I felt good about him, but recently I found one bad/negative post about someone who had TMJ surgery with him and they are worse and on pain killers, ect..so I'm in a constant indecisive panic all the time now. If the surgery were to happen, it wouldn't be for another 6 months, which gives me time to pray on it and do more research...I just don't know,

Any one with any thoughts on this!!
:D
Matthew (818) 823-9175

Moontale

Post by Moontale » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Is totally normal you feel that way since you already had a surgery like that , so is more like you are remembering all you went through and you are asocciating it now, but every surgery is different. It will be ok!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”