ugh frustrated!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Anna Burrell

Post by Anna Burrell » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:56 am

I had an awful day today. I woke up and just had that feeling that I was going to be anxious but tried to tell myself that I can do it. Sure enough when I got to class today I was barely able to walk to class, and finally had to leave after the first 5 mins. I am so angry at myself I tried to stick it out but I felt so dizzy and anxious I had to leave. I really like going to school and I told myself that I am NOT going to withdraw from any classes this semester (I have had to before because of anxiety). Does anyone have any advice??

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Anna...give yourself a pat on the back for attempting to go to class, even if you could only stay five minutes! Don't beat up on yourself. Tomorrow will be a better day. Try again and maybe you will be able to stay a little longer. One small step here, one small step there and you eventually get to where you are going. God bless you!

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:29 pm

Texas has given good advice. How long have you had anxiety? I'm sure much longer than you've worked the program. Keep working the program and it will get better. It doesn't happen overnight. Wishing you well.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”