Crying daily

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
PuttyInGodsHand

Post by PuttyInGodsHand » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:19 am

I cry daily, even though I am on meds, and seeing a therapist, I still cry daily. I just went out to the store and cried because it was such a gorgeous day and I don't even know how to enjoy it, and life anymore. I feel like, why bother! meanwhile my life is leaving me behind.......I don't even have the energy to enjoy it and live. I read my bible at times like this but why am I bothering?

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:17 am

I reccomend you buy the book "feeling Good" by David Burns. It can show you how most of the negative thoughts you have are really just total distortions of reality, and how you can change them. Don't worry, the most important part of this is realizing you need help. Once you do that your on your way.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:32 am

I already own that book, it was indeed a good one.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:40 am

if you are taking meds and still crying daily, they may not be working for you. I would consider talking to your therapist soon. Life is a great this , too short to be feeling down. Many Blessings for a better year ..............I hope you find happiness in each day.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:52 am

Hi PuttyInGodsHand,
I know what you are saying about crying...
Anxiety and especially Depression had really taken control of My Emotions in ways I couldn't stop or even understand why! This Program and our group here have significantly changed that aspect of my life! I have come to believe that what has brought us here isn't as important as what we Do to relieve ourselves of our condition.
InGodsHand, Keep Posting, visit and meet New Friends in Chat!!! That helped me a lot...
They are so nice and have shown me things that I couldn’t see by myself.
Welcome, and I hope to chat with you soon. Steve

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:01 am

Hi Putty,

If you are crying daily, accept that and know that is ok, because SOON you will smiling daily, once you accept that you are in control of how you view your own experiences.

The med(s) you are taking may also be interfering with your true appreciation of the life; please check into them and make sure that they are the right meds for you.

I've been there and know how the wrong meds can mess you up. Also, just getting in that downward spiral. You shall overcome

Blessings,
Tracy

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:03 am

Are you feeling suicidal? What you said reminds me of many times when I felt that way.Sometimes Psalm 23 helps me.
The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his names sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For you are with me. Your rod and staff comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You annoint my head with oil. my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life. and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

If you are not feeling better soon I think you should call your doctor or therapist a.s.a.p.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi Putty IGH,

PLEASE remember.... life is NOT easy. Look at your Lord. Now you feel like(i assume) that many Christians like those going thru physical persecution "deserve" to feel badly BUT not you...right? Read the end of Romans(i think), the battle is not between flesh and blood but principalities and powers... you know what i mean. There is a "real" i repeat, a "real" battle going on in and around you. Sorry for the sermon, i usually don't do that. There is GREAT HOPE... you can't see it to well right now but there is. Start "acting" like it. Do nice things however small, for others and you'll start to see what you want to see.

I'm "trying" to eat my own cooking... LOL.

and careful on those meds.

runboy

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:56 pm

I have been on drug therapy for 15yrs and have/still trying newer drugs that I haven't tried. Several years ago I was told that I was no longer treatable and that I was needing ECT therapy at that point I turned to God, but soon things fell apart again. I am now back trying some of the newer meds they have out there. Kind of a last ditch thing. They just can't seem to find anything that I can do good on. I just plug away.....live one day at a time, pray, try to exercise and eat right. I don't know what else to do. Sometimes I feel like I am going "crazy" just like Lucinda said in the tapes....!! As the depression continues I am getting more problems with anxiety, and OCD. Once I try these new meds, this will be the end again until they find something else I can try. My psych also mentioned ECT if she sees that the new meds are not working either. I just refuse to get ECT, I just can't do it..!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:05 am

I am so sorry you feel so sad. I did this for years.My therapit had the tissues on the coach for me. It is a terrible way to live. I hae been dong better lately and have stopped this.I can still have my moments.I am reworkigthe program whic has helped Our thoughts cause the sadness. For me it we a traumatic marriage,divorce,and loss of self. I have to work hard and stay on top of it asI could slip bck.Ialso went o female hormones. I don;t know f this was a problem but I am feelig better.Work on positive thiking and keep your doctors informed. There is hope. much
love,Natalie

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”