Journal

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
christinepsc

Post by christinepsc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:26 pm

Does everyone keep a journal? It says to. I don't :( I don't listen well do I :(
~*~Christine~*~

Mimigirl

Post by Mimigirl » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:19 pm

Hey Christine,
Yeah I do but I am not so consistant with it as I should be. I sometimes find it hard to write down how I feel don't be so hard on yourself try doing it even a few times a week at first and then it might get easier. I do it on my computer I find it easier with the dizziness to type instead of writing it down. But my coach Deb got me to keep a positive journal as well and I find that helps I just write in it anything positive I did that day anything no matter how small and on the days I am really struggling I look in it for inspiration. I hope this helps honey. I also made a gratitude list and read it every morning and night and I just wrote 10 things I am grateful for, I hope this helps.
Take care and God bless you
Mimi

BFG

Post by BFG » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:24 pm

Christine,

I don't keep a journal. I find it hard to find the time and energy to do everything that the program suggests that we do. I don't want to increase my stress level by trying to "squeeze" everything into my day. Maybe as I proceed with the program, I'll get better at balancing my time so that I will keep a journal, but I'm not there yet. I do occasionally write some of my thoughts, and I find that it is very helpful to get them on paper, but I'm certainly not a daily journalist.

BFG

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:31 pm

Hi everybody.

Keeping a journal is one of the most important parts of the program. When you write your feelings and change your negatives to positives on paper you learn so much about yourself and it really helps you to see things differently, therefore helping you to relax. Journaling also helps to pin point those "triggers", those little thoughts that you are unaware of that causes those anxious feelings. Without journaling you are missing a big part of the program.

Take care. DeeDee.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”