in need of encouragement

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
mary0560

Post by mary0560 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:52 pm

hey guys!

i received the program a couple of weeks ago and i dont know why but i just cant seem to get started with it. i watched the Jump Start video and listened to the relaxation tape but i guess i cant get up the courage to get a move on it. i keep finding excuses not to work on it. i think it is making me stress out even more... and i have to really focus on school!!

please help!
mary

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi Mary, just like you I put off starting the program for a good while. I got it in July and finally opened it mid August. I wasnt so much afraid of it I was afraid it wouldnt work for me. I can say that once I began it became easier because of the progres I made overcoming my depression and anxiety. I found journaling to be almost as helpful as these forums and chat. I think you are off to a great start by posting on here and I hope you have found and participate in chat. There are so many great folks ready and willing to help even if all you need is someone to listen. Also for me doing my lessons at a certain time each day helped me to stay on track. I think we all were aprehensive in the beginning for whatever reasons but found once time was given to it the rewards made it easier to continue. I bet since you are in school working to better yourself this too will become a part of your day. Keep writting in and get on the chat and let us know how well you are doing, Bruce

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:43 pm

hi mary,
well my mom finally ordered me this program after having a breakdown and dropping out of school because of stress and anxiety, im now back in school have a new job and its tough trying to keep a balance and stay consistent and on top of the lessons and stuff. ive only had the program for 2 weeks and im still working on it but i just wanted to let you know your not the only one it seems to be overwhelming but i know we can do it and i really think it can help! if you find anything helpful or easier please let me know! but i wish you best of luck and don't give up!!

Erica

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:25 pm

oh my gosh guys! thank you so much! erica-lauren i am so glad that we are kinda starting at the same time!. it really makes me feel a lot better about this stuff!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”