Sleep Question

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Red50

Post by Red50 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:28 am

Although generally I have pretty good sleep patterns there are those occasions when I can't shut my mind down, thus leading to frustration and of course aniexty.

In an earlier discussion there was mention of a CD incorporating hypnosis and quiet medation.
I would be very interesting in learning further about this CD.
Not looking back in Michigan.

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:22 am

There are a lot of cds out there for sleep but I think the one you're referring to is by Glenn Harrold - "Deep Sleep Every night." Try his website, you can listen to a sample of them on line.

Peace 1

Post by Peace 1 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:41 am

Hi Red50.

Here is a link to my post yesterday :

<A HREF="http://bbs.stresscenter.com/eve/forums/ ... 8591031954" TARGET=_blank>http://bbs.stresscenter.com/eve/forums/ ... 1031954</A>

I have several thinkrightnow cd's and they are fab. Missletoes informed me a few days ago
that this company now has a sleeping cd which,man, I wish they had when it first started for me ! I am thankful though that "Deep Sleep Every Night" by G. Harrold was so successful for me. I believe someone said you could download it from iTunes for only $ 10.

Now I was worse than an insomniac, I had panic attacks for the full straight 8 hours every night for 1 year. I couldn't even take a nap.
I had tried every kind of therapy I had heard of and then found this simple CD.. There must be something to Glenn's voice and his expertise as a hypnotist, it just does it for me and I haven't had a panic attack since. I am able to relax now and enter the thinking to fantasy stage. My sleep though and I don't really want to criticize it, isn't perfect yet. I wake up several times during the night. Thank God that I am able to also fall asleep again, but it's not how I used to sleep. I bought this new CD "Tranquil Night' so I can play it during the day. I am so excited based on reading the 100 affirmations that will be on the CD !

If you want, you can try to meditate on the 100 affirmations everyday outloud and see how it goes. This is what the company recommends until you receive their CD.

I wish you the best !
Regards, Peace 1

kristin27

Post by kristin27 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Peace 1,

Are you still having success with these CDs? any new suggestions? I used to sleep so well and now I worry though the day that I wont get a good night sleep and BAM I wake up at least once in the middle of the night and then I start that bad mind talking like... "Great now my day is ruined!" "why this, why that" then songs get stuck in my head...its like EVERYTHING just seems to be on my mind and sleep isnt one of them! I am at my wits end and now I am taking Ambien to get through the work week, but I ATE meds! I tried last night to get off of them by using the natural supplement "Meletonin" and that didnt work. I went to bed @ 10pm and was up @ 1am and couldnt sleep at all. I tried until 10am! BAD idea! do you have any suggestions on what to do when this happens during the night?

thank you for your advice, it is greatly appreciated! :)

Nicoleincolorado

Post by Nicoleincolorado » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:53 am

My biggest problem is night time. I have panic attacks or high levels of anxiety about "what if"I don't sleep tonight. I have listened to the CD about going through the wall of anticipatory anxiety and coming out the other side- but I can't see how to apply this to my situation. This all started during my pregnancies when I had severe insomnia and I started to panic about not sleeping- that was 3 and 6 years ago! I have built this strong connection between the fear of not sleeping and panic and it needs to be broken. I just cant seem to figure out how to apply these techniques to my situation. For example- if I had a fear of driving I could slowly try to drive short distances. I can't make myself sleep?? I am fine during the day- unless I don't sleep and then I am anxious about the way I feel. Does anyone else deal with this type of situation?

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”