fear to look at myself

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
JigerWo84

Post by JigerWo84 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:48 pm

i am not sure of what i am doing. whenever i sit and do the relaxation tapes i stray, and focus on every1 elses problems, and ignore that i have my own. i often imagine myself somewhere other than where i actually am. i don't know how to live in the moment, and fear that i am too scared to look at myself. everytime i come to this site, id rather look at every1 elses problems than ask for help with my own, but i can't even look at myself so how do i know what my problem is?

RNinWA

Post by RNinWA » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:30 pm

I think this is common. It is easier to help others than help yourself possibly due to how you were raised (atleast for me that is the case). With this program I do need to focus on me. Try to avoid distractions when you are working the program. That is how I plan on doing it to get the most out of it.

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:07 pm

You deserve time for you. It's great you help with others- that's a great way to feel good about yourself. But you can't ignore you. Focus, Focus, Focus. Post about your problems and let others do for you what you have done for them. We're all in this together. Alos, you may be avoiding your own problems by concentrating on others and letting your mind wander during the relaxation tape. Don't be afraid to face your fears. You can only get better!! Bev
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”