Do you feel like you are dying???

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
neek

Post by neek » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:05 am

HI I am a 38 year old who is a pretty healthy person. I eat right. I run. I have a great marriage, husband, life, friends... I do right now take Xanax to sleep. But during the couse of the day I feel like I am going to pass out, throw up, some times I can't eat, my heart beats irregular, I get tightness in my chest, my whole body get tingly, my ears ring, my head feels so foggy, I get so thirtsy - the list goes on... These things will happen when I am in public, at a friends house and even at home. Of course I think I have some terrible disease and I am going to many doctors to see if there is someting wrong. I am waiting to get the program in the mail. Everyday I look to see if it is on my door step. I have been trying so hard to beathe right, do some positive talk etc.. But I still feel terrible at times.... Like yesterday I must have had 50+ times where I felt terrible. Does any one else suffer from stuff like this? It feels like it is 24/7 that I am dealing with stress/anxiety/panic.... I am dying to know if anyone else feels crappy most of the time....

Dodger

Post by Dodger » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:33 am

neek YES

I did feel this way EVERYDAY! all day long it was miserable. I couldnt go anywhere (even the mailbox) without constant feelings of going to pass out or light headed or that dizziness would come any moment or bathroom issues the list goes on and on.

I saw tons of doctors went to the ER many times I even went by ambulance once. I saw a neurologist, a cardiologist and all was healthy so how on earth could I be feeling so terrible? They must be missing something I must have some crazy unheard of problem they are missing and I was convinced I was dying.

I bought this program and did it. I remember the first time I heard Lucinda speak I had tears in my eyes because she was explaining me.....this was exactly who I was what I was feeling and there were answers? Unbelievable.

I did the program and I went from a person who couldnt go to the mailbox, had to stay at my moms when my husband went to work to a mother or two living in my own home and I am doing it.

It took me time lots of time but I am doing it. Of course I still struggle here and there with what I call relapses and the program calls them growth spurts but I promise you it will get better.

These skills are so simple but so easily ignored in life. Throw yourself into this program....and give your self time. You will be amazed. This forum/chat is really fantastic it gives me the opportunity to help others when I feel good and to get some encouragement when Im stumbling a little bit.

Notice I refer to the word feeling or feel throughout this post....anxiety is FEELINGS that we take to a negative side......they are only feelings.....we feel like we are passing out but we arent. We feel like we are having heart pain but we are not.......feelings can be easily changed......congratulations this will be the beginning of a new way of living for you!
Hope to see you around.
Dodger

Serenity66

Post by Serenity66 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:20 am

Hi Neek,

Ditto to everything Dogder said. I couldn't have written a better post. I too couldn't get to the mailbox outside my door for a period of time, suffered every waking moment with tormenting anxiety that I thought no one would ever understand. I was paralyzed by anxiety for 30 years and I am only 41. SO much of my life has been wasted..up to now. But, no more.

This program is the ONLY thing that has helped me. And..I would have to said more accurately, this program gave me ideas, concepts and tools, that if I USED them, and did what they told me to, I FELT differently, I FELT better. The key isn't the program doing it for me, it is ME learning to help myself. These tools stay with you for life, if you learn and practice. It isn't easy but it IS simple.

I feel your pain, I hear it in your post. If you can't wait much longer, sign up for the ONLINE one. It is free for a month anyhow. I did that. I couldn't wait either.

Dogder mentioned the chat room. It can be a powerful source of help for sure. Also .. posting as you did works wonders too. I prefer that myself because sometimes you will go on to the chats, and people are really INTO having a great conversation and I find it hard to 'butt' in with my fears and anxieties. So, I post. And those who can WHEN they can, will write back their support in ways that I can reread again and again.

You have a lot of people here who understand...use all the tools you can get and you will succeed......

Blessings,
Danielle

neek

Post by neek » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:30 am

to those of you who have responded so quickly, thanks so much for helping me realize that i am not alone. it really makes me feel so much better to know that there are people out there who understand! thank you!!!!!

Ann25

Post by Ann25 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:59 am

Neek, I just wanted you to know that I feel this way sometimes too. I have gotten much better- Through this program and counseling. There are still things I feel this way doing, so don't beat yourself up if it isn't overnight. (Yesterday, randomly, I couldn't take an esclator- I walked towards it and started sweating, shaking, dizzy...) I took the elevator and didn't think much more abt it, but now I wish I had forced myself down that thing!!

Anyways..you WILL get better. I had/sometimes still have all those symptoms. I really think you'll benefit from even the first session of this program- kind of just makes you aware of the symptoms of anxiety!

Good luck and keep in touch about your progress!!

john jay

Post by john jay » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:24 am

hey neek you sound like me been there and still there better than i was i would like to talk to you so email me or look for me in the chat room wwe have lots to talk about i feel your pain and may be i can help you a little i hope there isalways hope and just god

Diggy

Post by Diggy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:35 am

YOur not alone, I felt that way for years always running to the drs and nothing was ever wrong. The fuzzy brain feeling, the tingly arms i have had it all and over past 6 months it got worse before it got better and i really don't know if i would have made it without the program. Its a life saver, when i hear her on the tapes and she describes how she felt and how others were feeling/felt that was a great relief. You will get a lot of information on this formum.... great post by great people. Good luck to you and god bless!

Tracy1

Post by Tracy1 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:17 am

I know all too well what you're feeling. When I first started with this problem, I felt like I was going to die. I was so scared that I was beyond scared. I wanted to ball up in a corner and not come out. In fact, I did. I on medication and it only works so much. I too am looking on the doorstep for my package as I haven't gotten yet either. I'm also desperate for help, friends, etc. I have no one. I have my family, my two babies and I feel alone and scared, empty, lonely and a million other things. My anxiety is horrible. I also have Xanax to help. Just know I feel your pain and you'll be in my thoughts and heart and let me know if there's anything I can do. I can't believe there are other people who are experiencing the same thing as I am.

Jeanie Nicole

Post by Jeanie Nicole » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:42 pm

HI. I'm 32, mother of 3 and happily married. In September I went through exactly the same thing except my main symptom wasn't dizziness it was nausea, horrible horrible nausea. I went and had every test done, every lab work and in the end, it was anxiety and depression. The way I was able to get out of the daily horrible god awful feelings was that I shared it with my family and gave in to accepting their help. Lots of it. I also went on some medications for IBS and anxiety/depression and now I feel terrific. I have anxious times but those symptoms that were constant and daily have lifted so now I can focus on getting better and getting over the "issues" i'm getting over. Unfortunately for me, I figured out that my anxiety was coming from being a mother! So, I will have to deal with it because that's not going to change. :) I religiously listen to the relaxation tape 3 times a day and I swear that has helped create a habitual calmness inside of me. I also get a massage once a month as a treat to myself. (an hour and a half one!)

Good luck. you're NOT alone and you're going to do great!

Jeanie

neek

Post by neek » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:16 pm

Wow, you guys are great! Thanks so much! I felt great most of the day & now have a headache & feel like electric is running through my body. It is nice to know that there are poeple out there who feel the same way as I do. Thanks for all of your kinds words & encouragement... I am not sure how to send separate e-mails to you guys... I am new at this!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”