my wifes has given up on me

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:58 am

Hi, Darren John,

What lesson are you working on with the program?

With regards to going out and having panic attacks, I have to say, once I got over that fear of the feelings of panic things began to getting better. I had to stop fearing the feelings. They couldn't hurt me.I carried my cards around with me all the time and read them constantly. Are you journalings? That is such a helpful tool if you are asking yourself what is bothering me? I write the problem(s) then begin to postive the statement. Yes, sometimes it took awhile, but I felt so much better afterwards.

You can do this! Peace to you on this day.
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:19 am

Darren, I am sorry to hear what is going on with you and your wife. Its hard for people who dont suffer like we do to understand this horrid disorder. I am thankful I have a husband that tries to understand but I still feel at times even though he dont say it, that he gets frustrated with it all. Maybe she is feeling overwhelmed because she cant help you, I would imagine it is very hard for the other person to see the person they love falling apart. Also they may feel that why should they have to suffer in life because of our problem. But if she loves you enough she will still be by your side. She also is suffering in a sense as well. I am crossing my fingers for you that you will get through this program and be free of this life that you have grown to know and have the best life you deserve for you and your family. 15 weeks is better than 15 more years of dread. If anything I hope this program will help me to at least learn to deal with my anxiety, but I have faith that its going to do a lot more than that... Hang in there, we are all in this together..... Gina :)
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”