Had a biopsy today and I am now a total mess!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
christinepsc

Post by christinepsc » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:07 am

I had a biopsy of the uterus and I am terrified now!!! TO check for cancer.

I am sick. I am scared!!!

How am I going to wait three weeks without knowing the results??
~*~Christine~*~

LynnG

Post by LynnG » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:26 am

Try to think postive. My mom also just had this done. It could turn out to be nothing then you will be like oh well i worried myself half to death for nothing. Don't worry everything is going to be fine.If there is any way i can help pm me.
I will pray for you!

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:32 am

Hi christinepsc,

I am sorry you feel that way.. I get the same way.. Your not alone!

EddyJ

Post by EddyJ » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:55 am

i feel your pain christine, i went through that too. mine wasn't cancer. i had a hysterectomy rather than all those tests. it is scarry. don't wait 3wks. call the dr in one wk. the worst that will happen is surgery. i am wishing you good results.................malikye
" I feared I was going to lose control. I feel better now. Not because I regained control. But because I realized I never lost it in the first place."

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:07 am

Christine,
I am praying for you I know it is easier said than done not to worry honey. Please email me so we can talk anytime you want I am here for you to talk to.
Love ya
Mimi

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:36 pm

please dont worry. my mom had cancer the most unknown kind. she is remission. but just a few months ago she thought it was back. she went in for a cat scan and had her first panic attack. but do you know what they found? nothing or really nothing. they found a uterine fibroid. its just a mass. you can have it surgically removed or do nothing about it. it cant hurt you its not cancer. a lot of women have these and do nothing about them. this may be your problem. i worked in pathology for a year (the place where everything comes) but as scared as many of these people were. many of them were fine. my advice to you is to not get to scared. it probably is nothing. for right now there is nothing you can do (except worry) which will get you nowhere fast. remember that you are strong and that no matter what you face God will be right there with you and so will everyone on this site. they are such wonderful supportive peoople. i will pray for you

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:29 pm

The wait flat out sucks. I had to wait once for an x-ray because I had very bad pains in my chest (it was a side-effect of Zoloft) anyways I had to wait till after the holidays. I called in 2 days, then 3 days and then I called the day after the holiday and explained to them that I was freaking out and the chest pain was getting worse. I was able to get results in a week. So try in a week. MY GOODNESS A WEEK FEELS LIKE A YEAR. Try to remain calm by thinking..."ok if something is wrong we can fix it now." The sooner you act on "girly parts" issues the better. Meaning by taking care of it you not just letting it go and if something is wrong your chances of "fixing it" are much much higher. Pleae try to hang in there. I too had a biopsy and had some issues and no problems since. Praise God! If you want to email me peronally I am willing to share more of that story.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:38 am

christinepsc

You know, even though three wks truly sucks, I had two breast biopsies in '07 and I had to wait only 2 to 3 days and I just about lost it. Everything turned out fine and so will yours. Like the other poster said, either way, you will deal with it. I kept telling myself that no matter what, I am going to be okay. You'll be fine.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:56 am

I feel like the past 24 hours was a month. I don't know how I am going to do this!!! I feel so weak right now and fed up.

Thank you for the support.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”