New to this feeling skeptical... Support help?

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Debs33

Post by Debs33 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:01 am

I just received the the Stress program. I listened to the first C.D. last evening with Lucinda and I must say I feel a bit
skeptical. These are things I've told myself for years. I eat healthy and workout everyday, I always have. SO I know this
isn't the way to go into this being skeptical but I am. I'm a smart girl and have always tried the postive self talk.

I was in the ER last week with a generating feeling throughout my body
followed by ear pressure (severe) jaw tightness, hearing and vision sensitivity and a uncordinated feeling. Like I was lead
when walking. With that being said, they admitted me and ruled out any heart, strokes, tumors, MS (I've been experiencing
numbness in my calves and arms with a pressure like feeling) and life emergency things. This has left me in such a dark
place. I spend 90% percent of my days wondering what other disease they haven't found yet. THe ENT doctor when I was
being released said it takes alot of tests to get to the bottom of Neurological problems (spinal taps etc..) I live in constant
fear right now. I don't know if something is wrong with me or if it's just anxiety. I really can't handle my quality of life. It's
misery.

Any advice??

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:04 am

It's normal to be skeptical when you've been dealing with anxiety and depression for so long. I suggest you read one of Hans Selye's books called the stress of life. He goes into detail about how the stress response works on a very physiological sense. For instance...that uncordinated feeling just happens when less blood is going to the ear. The blood instead goes to the muscles. This might also follow with dizziness too. The tingling in the hands and feet is a common sign too but i'm not sure about the calves.

Mike

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”