Caffine & Sugar Intake

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
earthangeljenny

Post by earthangeljenny » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:04 am

:o Opps I posted this in the wrong place.. so I redid it. I am Hypoglygemic . which is just the opposite of a Diabetic. My Blood sugar level runs too low instead of high. I still have bad effects from it if it getts too low, such as Dizzy spells, Hot Flashes, Extreme Thrist, Ringing of the Ears, Sometimes even Faintibg Spells. So, it can be just as dangerous as Diabetes. And my Dr. told me it is a sure sign as to heading thst way in later years. My Mother is a Daiabetic. So, my problem is this, if I cut down on sugar, which I rarely eat anyway...I don't have the taste for it. I use Sweet & Low. I could have the effects listed above. I use decaffinated Tea so caffine is no problem, and Chocalate, unlike some women, is not a favorite of mine anyway. But the Sugar can be a problem. Any suggestions, since I rarely use sugar or even eat sweets? Cake to me is Angel Food.. I;m used to eating Low Fat by Habit. So I really need the help here. :(

samcat

Post by samcat » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:25 am

Fresh fruits and fruit juice are the answer for hyperglycemics. I had periods of this and my doc told me to eat small meals frequently through out the day and keep fresh fruit on hand. Try it, it really works. Stay away from white (refined) sugar because it unstabilizes your levels because they are simple (quick in and quick out)

Hope you feel better :)

Misty

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:57 am

Thank you so much for you prompt reply... I am a Wheat Bread eater anyway.. I Hate white bread.. to soft for my tasdte.. I gues after so many years of the diet stuff you aquire a taste for the healthy things in life. I love yellow apples and keep them on hand. It seems like when I feel my sugar drop suddenly a piece ofr fruit like an orange or an apple satifies it much better than a candy bar, then later I feel terrible for a while. Thank You very much though.. I know about the small meals.. My daughter had it in high school & I had to keep the school nurse supplied with trail mix an fruit juices for between classes so she would not pass out.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”