Needing guidance and extra support!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
sfargom

Post by sfargom » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Hello All! Here's my story. I took a break from the program for all of December. I stopped after week 8 and was feeling great. But, since then all the anxiety and negativity came back to me. Haven't been sleeping well, either. I've decided to start over, at week 1. Of course, this time my pace might be different. The thing i'm having a hard time with is trying to get back into remembering everytthing from day to day...the relaxation tape, the reminder cards, and talking on here!

What I'm wondering from anyone, is that if they have started over, due to stopping, and find difficulty in getting back on track to feeling better. How do you do it? What are some good tips and tricks? I don't want a relapse back into being so depressed and a victim of high anxiety! Any suggestions/advice is greatly appreaciated!! Thanks!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:02 pm

Just go back through the tapes and workbooks with a POSITIVE attitude. It helped you before and you'll pick up the skills rather quickly this time. You might even be able to take those first weeks faster this time. Don't let it be an option in your mind that you might slip. You are strong and working hard to move forward. Give yourself a lot of credit for starting over. You can also call StressCenter for advice. Good luck and keep us posted. Bev

xlostgirlx

Post by xlostgirlx » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:10 am

I did the progrm all wrong the first time. and did not get the benefit I cold have. i am doing it over with a few friends. That has made a big difference. Can you find someone who wants to do the program with you?I have slacked off also but I am going to get back on track. I still pull out tapes I have done when a particular situation arises. Lesson 3 is my favorite. I am starting a new day and mentally I am into positive thinking for this day. I slide here so easily. For me the program will be ongoing throughout my life.
I too have been sliding back and not sleeping well. My not sleeping comes from life stressors. I just do the best I can anymore and work on not beating myself up. If you would like to e-mail me I would be glad to offer what support I can. Natalie

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:27 am

Also remember to stick to the basics of rest, vitamins, exercise and a really good balanced diet. Cut down on sugar and caffeine, eat protein at every meal and lots of green vegetables :)

Also as you change your thoughts your body will follow. I know easier said then done, but all the what if thoughts really do a number on our nervous systems.

Coco :)

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:39 am

try to remember what made you go back to where you were..i would start over and take my time and reach out to others for support like you just did..if we can make it so can you..do not be in a hurry it will come in time..take baby steps and do not try and run first..know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and GOD BLESS..read some of my profile and it will give you kind of an idea of what and where i came from.. hang in there..
don
all you have to do is beleive...

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Thank you everyone for your input and advice! I very much needed to hear that and it reminded me that because of my anxiety it can make me impatient to have success in the program. Also, i do know that i have to watch my diet and eat healthier, exercise more, and to listen as much as i need to of the relaxation tape!

I guess I just don't know why I don't have the same motivation to keep active in the program as i did when i first started. With the time and effort, it will again get easier as each day goes by!

Again, Thanks to all! And, Don- will definitely view your profile for gaining extra hope!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”