Does anybody feel like this?

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
dawfai

Post by dawfai » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:12 pm

I can be havin fun and then i feel some dr.I have been so scared of those feelings i sometimes always think i feel like that.How do i get rid of this? What should i do when i feel like this? when i feel like this alot. Should i try meds? any advice would be appreciated.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:38 pm

Just to clarify br dr you are meaning?

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:54 pm

derealization

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:13 am

I DONT GET DEREALIZATION BUT I HAVE EXPERIENCED DEPERSONLAIZATION AND BELIVE ME IT IS SOOOO SCARY. I HAVE BEEN THERE. THE BEST THING I CAN TELL YOU DO IS JUST TO FLOAT WITH AND TRY NOT TO LET IT BOTHER YOU. HARPING ON IT WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE. EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY THINK SO. YOU WILL NOT GO CRAZY OR LOSE YOUR MIND. FROM WHAT I HAVE STUDIED DP AND DR IS JUST A RESULT OF AN OVERTIRED MIND B/C YOU ARE SO USED TO WATCHING YOURSELF ALL DAY. I HATE THESE FEELING. I TEND TO FEEL UNREAL ALOT. YOU ARE GONNA HAVE GOOD DAYS AND BAD DAYS. HANG IN THERE AND WITH TIME THE LESS ATTENTION YOU GIVE IT. IT WILL SLOWLY GO AWAY ;)

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:38 am

ONE OTHER THING THAT I FORGOT.I TAKE KLONOPIN AND THIS HELPS TO REDUCE THESE FEELING A GREAT DEAL.

BookOfPsalms

Post by BookOfPsalms » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:17 am

I think the best thing to do is to ignore these feelings. I had dr for years, my mistake was going to many many doctors and researching it constantly. All that did was make it bigger and scarier. I believe if you exercise, eat well, rest, take b vitamins and omegas you will be fine. It takes time. Most importantly, KNOW that you are okay and ignore the strange feelings and they will go away!!!

Coco :)
+Let The Word Do The Work!+

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:36 am

I suffered from a dr type feeling about 7 years ago. It was awful for sure. I knew there was a full world of activity going on around me, yet I felt detached.It was like I was in a room with plexiglass walls, I could see things, but at times I didn't hear or sense many things. I started the the program program in that time period. I was desparate. I have to tell you truthfully that the program did help me. In fact, I am now going through the program again to refresh my copings skills. It does work, it does take time, you will feel better. Give it a chance and hang in there. :)

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:06 pm

I am curious to know how everyone's Derealization and Depersonalization is going. Does this program help that? If you did get over it, how did you? When did you know it was gone for good?

~*schnauzermom*~

Post by ~*schnauzermom*~ » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:52 am

Hi Phil.
I had derealization. It goes away and you know that it's gone for good when it doesn't come back. Stop worrying about that. Worrying is what caused it in the first place. Just let it happen. When you stop letting it scare you, it'll get better.
"Afterall, everybody only hears what he understands." by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”