Moving away.

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Alright, so I'm so sick of my town. I'm sick of the drama and the stupid people. I just want to get away, and I have my mind on tennessee a lot. I want to, but I'm so freaking scared!! How can I let go of those fears and just go for it?

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:14 am

first you have to pin point what the fears are...are about not having the money? finding a place? finding a job? meeting new people? What are your scary thoughts when you start to think about moving?

Mike

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:36 pm

Mike is correct, Identify those fears. What is it that bothers you about moving. You live in Maine...very rural. coming down the East Coast and across to the west will invite you to meet more people, different people, nice people. Different ways of thinking, doing and living. Something that would bring anticipation to all humans, dont feel like you are out of sorts. Moving Out of state is not a small thing to do. It all depends on your support system, your friends, family, Dont ever let fear take a great opportunity away that you may regret later on in life. When I was 16 I went to Tennesee to stay with my best friend who had to move there with her mother. We were supposed to travel across down to Texas by car to visit some of her relatives. I never did. I became very homesick after speaking with my Mom over the phone while I was still in Tennesee....I came home alone on the plane.....and I have regreted coming back so soon and losing out on visiting those states and spending more time with my best friend who later the next year got killed in a car accident. DONT DELAY...you are young...Build up your gumption girl.....GO FOR IT!! creamcheese

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”