This program is a godsend!

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
SoCalDude

Post by SoCalDude » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 pm

I am not an employee of StressCenter. I started suffering debilitating panic attacks about 12 years ago. My panic attacks were so bad that I could not work and I locked myself in the house. Leaving the house was almost impossible. Most of you know what I am talking about.

I met a psychiatrist that prescribed me Klonopin. At the time 12 years ago this medication was like a godsend. I could work again, I could function again, and it worked for a long time. I averaged between 1/2mg and 1 1/2mg for a decade or so.

Then about 2 years ago, it stopped working. My panic attacks came back with a vengeance. I was partially hospitalized twice, my dosage on Klonopin was upped to up to 3mg a day and I was paralyzed at home again for many months.

I like many of you saw the infomercial from StressCenter on TV. At around the same time, I switched doctors and got a therapist that knew all about cognitive behavioral therapy.

For the prior decade I knew nothing about cognitive behavioral therapy. I just thought I had this disease that needed medications.

Now, I can go a day without having to take my Klonopin and for the most part I can function again. It has taken me some time, but I have my life back again.

I still fear flying, but I know that it is an unreasonable fear. I have to fly to Northern California in a couple of weeks for business. I will use every Stress Center technique I can to make it; breathing, writing down my negative thoughts and turning them to positive thoughts, etc.

Thank you Stress Center!
SoCalDude

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:39 am

This is so great SoCalDude!!

I'm so happy for you!

Keep it up! :)

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:22 am

Very inspirational, SoCalDude. Best wishes for continued success!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”