Ringing in ears

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
Deener

Post by Deener » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:29 am

I was wondering, does anybody else get a low ringing or humming in their ears after a good sized rush of adrenalin. Not at first maybe but when the adrenalin starts to subside? It's no big deal, I was just curious. :)

EastcoastGirl

Post by EastcoastGirl » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:39 am

Yes I do but it's only been a recent thing for me that I've noticed over the last few days. Odd huh? Doesn't bother me as it goes away w/in seconds.

Brandi Menifee

Post by Brandi Menifee » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Yesss! I have had ringing in my ears with this condition off and on for over a year. Since I've been on an antideppressant for over a month now, and on my 3rd wk in the program, I have noticed that it doesn't happen as often. I used to think there was something wrong with my ears, but had tests done, and my ears are fine. This anxiety disorder has soo many different symptoms, it's crazy!!!
bloveholt

mtnbkr

Post by mtnbkr » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:30 am

Hi Deener, I've had buzzing, or humming so loud in my ears during a panic attack I couldn't hear what people were saying to me or what was on tv that I could hear fine just a minute ago. I do get ringing in my ears sometimes if in a very quiet room. I certainly associate the humming in my ears with an oncoming surge of anxiety. it is one of the symptoms I've learned is a warning about needing to fight against the onset of a panic attack.

lassiepj

Post by lassiepj » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:19 am

Yes, I have had a ringing in my ears for months. It is a high frequency, low volume noise. No doctor could tell me why. I have noticed that the calmer that I am, it is not as noticeable. When I was under severe stress it is loud and also has a rhythm to it. The deep breathing exercises help. Also, if you hear what sounds like your heart pulsating through your ears, it is usually because you have a middle ear problem, like a swelling of the Eustachian tube or fluid behind the ear drum. Being calm is the answer and following the program.

liberal1964

Post by liberal1964 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:25 am

Thank you everyone for this insight!! I've had that for a long time and never knew what caused it.

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”