Have not done Relaxation Cd

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
Erin B.

Post by Erin B. » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:51 am

I have always been so tired at night that I have never remmebered to listen to the CD. Knowing that I am able to relax at night...do you think that this is a bad thing? I am on week 9 and FEEL GREAT...I have moved on better then I even thought. This is the only thing that I was wondering about. Please give me feed back on your thoguhts.

Firebug

Post by Firebug » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:59 pm

I listened to the relaxation CD a couple times at the beginning of the course but after I had it memorised I couldnt seem to focus on it. What I did was take the timeings of the physical parts and make my own "relaxation cd" up in my mind. I havent evan done that the past few weeks and it doesnt seem to hinder my progress.

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:45 pm

The relaxation tape is so important to this program. what the relaxation tape does is, it not only helps you relax, but you teach your body to automatically relax whenever you need it to. It's like you have a built-in relaxation tape. :)

You don't have to do it before bed, or while lying down. You can do it while doing things around the house. Just make sure you do it at least 3 times a day. It's so important.

AnnieG

Post by AnnieG » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:24 am

I really think it just depends on the individual. It's good to do the cd just because you can remember those tools whenever you need them. But if you're doing great without it, I wouldn't worry about it. Do whatever works for you!
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Marlene Lee Silva

Post by Marlene Lee Silva » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:13 am

I seem to have a similar problem w/the cd.Ever since the 1st time I listened to it I just felt silly. I don't seem to master the breathing technique and I don't seem to visualize either. What else can I do?

iHope

Post by iHope » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:08 pm

If you can relax when you want to, wow, great! I use to think I could relax when I sat in my recliner, but I've realized that wasn't really relaxation & peace- things like racing thots, tense muscles, stomach and intestine sensations were common.
Now, I dont use the relaxation session as often, but I have found that it is excellent for me to get to sleep. Insomnia has been an issue for me! And I have even found that when I felt to exhausted to do anything it helped me get rejuvenated!

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”