Losing the battle

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
lonlelynana

Post by lonlelynana » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:03 am

I feel like everytime I two steps forward I end up going back five steps. When someone keeps telling you that the only thing wrong with me is just being plain parinod and don't think this program is ever going to work for me.
lonelynana

barbgavon

Post by barbgavon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:28 am

Not sure if you're saying the program's not going to work for you or someone else said that. :?

It will work for you if you're consistent and don't give up. If you come here for support, the forums can help a lot. You have to be willing to invest the time and do the homework. If you don't have the program you can still invest the time by reading each lesson of the forums. People are here to help. To get well, you need to also help yourself. Hope this helps.

Barb

lonlelynana

Post by lonlelynana » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:06 pm

i AM TRYINGbut my husband has little faith in the program and me. I do not plan on giving up!

barbgavon

Post by barbgavon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:21 am

Good for you!! When he sees some changes he'll know it works. Realize, it won't happen overnight and will take hard work but so...worth it!

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:36 pm

I feel like everytime I two steps forward I end up going back five steps.
Now I wanted to quote that for a reason. You feel like you are going back 5 steps but does that prove that you really are going back? The problem is that our thoughts are irrational and if we have irrational thoughts then we have irrational feelings. Alot of the thoughts that anxiety and depression suffers have do not fit in the situations they are in. It's really tough because we are used to evaluating experiences based on how we're feeling. This is one reason why journalling is soooo important, you can actually see whats going on. That is a more reliable way to evaluate progress.

Your husband doesn't have to have faith in the program or you for you to recover. It isn't the determining factor.

And I'm glad to hear you aren't about to give up! Good work!

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

dd6562

Post by dd6562 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:01 pm

maybe your husband is afraid of you getting better and not needing him anymore just keep hanging in there things will get better

lonlelynana

Post by lonlelynana » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Originally posted by NinjaFrodo:
I feel like everytime I two steps forward I end up going back five steps.
Now I wanted to quote that for a reason. You feel like you are going back 5 steps but does that prove that you really are going back? The problem is that our thoughts are irrational and if we have irrational thoughts then we have irrational feelings. Alot of the thoughts that anxiety and depression suffers have do not fit in the situations they are in. It's really tough because we are used to evaluating experiences based on how we're feeling. This is one reason why journalling is soooo important, you can actually see whats going on. That is a more reliable way to evaluate progress.

Your husband doesn't have to have faith in the program or you for you to recover. It isn't the determining factor.

And I'm glad to hear you aren't about to give up! Good work!

Mike

lonlelynana

Post by lonlelynana » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:12 pm

I am having trouble with being the real me. Instead I try to be what he wants me to be. He is very demanding and alot of the reason for the depression. I am the stepmother of his five children and I took care of his five and my two. Once they are all grown and on their own he does not need me any more. He is very angry about something and that affects me. I AM GOING TO WIN THIS TIME!

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:20 am

It's very difficult for us anxiety and depression sufferers to be ourselves because we're afraid of the potential consequences and also so distracted with our negative thoughts.

You're taking care of 7 children? Wow, that must be alot of work.

Once they're all grown up....that's not for awhile and hey, by then you may already overcame your anxiety and depression and made alot of positive changes in your life that would bring you alot of joy.

As for your hubby, I can't say too much because I don't know him but you know from what you are saying it really sounds like he has alot of his own issues which you are not responsible for. You're doing good, keep it up!

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

lockdo

Post by lockdo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:43 pm

That is how I feel every day. I still believe it is better to stick with this and get the peace of mind you deserve. :p

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”