Losing the battle

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
lockdo

Post by lockdo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:43 pm

That is how I feel every day. I still believe it is better to stick with this and get the peace of mind you deserve. :p

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:38 pm

you have anxiety and depression so of course you will continue to have the feelings until you've completely recovered. Expect them but know they are just feelings and do not reflect truth.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

TDub

Post by TDub » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:27 am

Sounds to me like your husband, for whatever selfish reason of his, wants you to stay the way you are. If you recover and become a more confident and happy person, maybe he's worried you won't need HIM anymore! Do not give up because of your husband's views. It is YOUR life! He has to live his, and you have to live yours! Keep with the program! And you have lots of friends here to help you!

MMH

Post by MMH » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:34 am

What if tread mill thoughts gave us the incentive to get back on track and take control of our lives. Perhaps they are the boost we need to understand and realize that we are human.Asking our selves what kind of thoughts will help me to resolve calm and plan in a constructive way that brings peace and a settling atmosphere within our hearts, not the destructive treadmill that we have the power to choose to get off.

MMH

Post by MMH » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:41 am

Another tool that helps me is the sound on Peanuts" with Snoopy and the gang. You know that sound wa wa wa wa wa the teacher makes. It reminds me if something that is said to me that would attemt to shift my thoughts to the tread mill, I just replace them with wa wa wa wa wa and not take significance toward them nor let them take an impact on my behavior. The words said are not mine and I don't own them and I can imaginate them away. so by wha wha whaing them it helps me to not find myself on the treadmill over what some one says.

Big jay

Post by Big jay » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:35 am

Hi I want to say that there will always be critics out there. You have to see the change before anyone else will. The fact that you have kept on going with the program should let you know that you can make it. I don't know what week you are on now in the program but you can rest assured that those that have little faith in you at this point will remain that way. I never encourage people to leave their matres but I will say that your husband sounds like a real piece of work. The program teaches about elimating the people and situations that cause the most stress in our lives. There are only two kinds of people those who do and those who don't. You have to make the choices in your life to better it and you have already shown that you want better in your life so nobody has the right to take it from you. I hope that helps you some God bless you and take care.

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”