deleted

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
nancy66

Post by nancy66 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 am

deleted
Last edited by nancy66 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:21 am

Hi Nancy -

I have learned that guilt is a powerful emotion. In some ways it is a good emotion, in that, it let's us know that we crossed our own moral boundaries. It helps us make changes to live more within our own boundaries. I would like to recommend the book "Boundaries" by Dr. Henry Cloud. It can help you with this.
It is probably not wise to spill your guts to your husband at this point. It will only do more harm than good. I recommend you talk to a therapist about this. They have techniques that can help you get rid of the guilt without hurting the one's you love.

Don't forget that guilt is not something to carry around with you for life. It is meant to give us a warning to make some changes in our lives. Then we can let it go.

Best Wishes!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:01 am

Hi Nancy:
Along with the book that the previous poster recommended I suggest that you get the book by Dr. Charles Stanley titled:
THE GIFT OF FORGIVENESS.

I've lived quite a long life. Believe me that most people have done things that could eat them up with guilt. I know the feeling.

It isn't all that complicated to forgive others.
But it is so hard to forgive ourselves. So we need some divine help in it.
And we can get that.

I know you will be blessed and comforted by reading Dr. Stanley's book.

Be kind to yourself.

MJ

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”