Empowering Group Program Run-through part9

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
bradley1960

Re: Empowering Group Program Run-through part9

Post by bradley1960 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:49 pm

forever young, great job in getting the mammogram. And my wife works in a nursing home. I don't work weekends and often I take her to work on weekends she works. When I pick her up we take the time to visit residents who don't have family nearby. The smiles those people give when they see you is so rewarding. Serving others can be very rewarding like the person you helped at the hospital. A favorite quote from Wayne Dyer from a mentor Rabinath Tagore (and I paraphrase) goes like this... I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and found that life was service. I acted and behold service was joy. Serving others is action and action doesn't leave time for worry. Good job

THH , thank you for the support. And yes I have known things long before it meant something to me that created understanding. Stay strong and keep on top of your what iffing. if I can help let me know. I too learn something new each time I go through the course. I have shared the statement worrying is seeing life the way you don't want it to be and each time the feedback enlightens me a little more. A friend told me on facebook when I shared that statement that worrying is trying to control life which we know we can't do. It just keeps blessing me beyond belief. As wayne dyer says change your thoughts change your life. Thanks for shedding lite on this subject in which I am weak.

Ninja, thank you for not judging a message based on it's belief. That message based on a religion you don't practice would probably not have reached me had you not posted it for its content instead of ignoring because of difference of belief.

You have all enriched my life this week, as next week at work is a tremendous challenge for my anxiety. But I will be stronger due to all of you. Thank you

Bradley

THH

Post by THH » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:56 am

Bradley1960,
OH WOW! I read the quote you wrote
A favorite quote from Wayne Dyer from a mentor Rabinath Tagore (and I paraphrase) goes like this... I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and found that life was service. I acted and behold service was joy
This could become one of my favorites too! So many times I ponder life and what is it all about, and this quote in such short words says it pretty good, or at least it speaks to me.
We all can learn form each other that is for sure. We all share in this brotherhood of anxiety who best to learn from. This is why it is important to post, as we are all so different in many ways so different phases or different wording may actually speak to you and help. Thanks for your contribution!!!
I really liked that one too, about worry seeing your life as you don't want it to go. It helps me think real hard about what I am thinking about as who really wants to live the life we create in or minds? Choose better thoughts and there is a very good chance we will see this instead. Thank you this made my day!
Your welcome to continue though the rest of the program with us. The more the better. :D

Mike,
Yes it seams to be working out that way! :D

I was going to post a religious utube from a person I liked to listen too. After I posted it I thought it was not proper in our group run though. They do have a religious heading to put those kinds of things in. Then I didn't copy the link, just deleted it and was not motivated to search for the link again. I rarely read messages there and well I just passed.
I think Bradley 1960 wrote what I was feeling much better than I could.

Another week in means "on to session 10." It has been 9 + weeks of working hard on improving our thoughts and working on better outcomes.
Great job working though your thoughts!

I have my doctor appt. today and I'm doing well in staying away from worry and what if. It is just another day and hopefully everything will check out fine. I'll post later and maybe listen to session 10 on the way there. :D
Have a Good day everyone!!!

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:13 pm

Bradley;
I'm really glad that you were able to take something from that video that I posted. To be really honest, I was having alot of judgement while watching the video but my gut told me to watch it despite all that and I've found countless times when I don't listen to my gut it usually ends up costing me in the long run. But like you i'm really glad that I didn't ignore my gut and just ignore the video because I didn't like the religeous aspect, there is alot of great wisdom in there. :)

THH;
Did you not see what I posted? The guy in the video was extremely religeous and I am not a religeous person in any sense of the word but I felt the message was one that was very important and I felt in my gut that it was important to post it. It sounds like you had that sort of feeling too and by all means you very well could have put that in here and it would have been fine. Do us and yourself a favor and just go with it next time, you never know how positively it can effect any of us, the ones that post here or the ones that simply spectate. If someone doens't want to watch it then they can definately choose not to and it'll be fine. Don't let your fear that people will react negatively to it stop you from posting.

Thank you and how are you doing with your thought replacements? How did the doctor appt go?|

Mike

THH

Post by THH » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:25 pm

I went to my doc today and so glad I did. I had wax build up in my ear! My ear drum was 3/4 covered, and it was pushing at times on the nerve. It effects all your ENT. My doc tried to remove it and could not get the tool to pull it out, as it was to soft. But he pushed it aside and it felt so good. I wanted him to flush my ears but he did not have time, and said my body will take care of it. If it starts to bother me again I can use some ear drops and if I can't do it to make another apt. and he could flush my ear. I really wish he could of taken care of it for good but I am relieved what is the problem rather than my mind trying to figure it out.
Mike its funny you told me about posting what ever I was feeling and this doctor visit was another one of those. I almost went last week, my neighbor lady talked me out of it. She has been good for me, but there are times I should not listen to her. She basically told me that the doctor would give me drugs that you will not take and so why go? Well that played over in my mind. I thought about her comments when I mentioned going to make a appt. I do go to the doctor a lot and many times I decline the drugs.
But this is bothering me all the time and it comes and goes. It could be sinus, or left over from that stinking flu. I finally made up my own mind and made the appt. and went. If I would of done it last week I would have known sooner, and not have to fight the anticipation or wonder what is wrong. So the moral of the story is listen to how you feel. No body knows you better than you. Be strong in yourself!!!! :D

THH

Post by THH » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Mike,
I did see what you posted and thought it was good too. It reminded me of this other guy and that is when I went and found the link and posted it. Then as a after thought I removed it. I just did not want to keep posting a religious video but I totally get what you are saying. After all this I should of. I guess I was thinking too much about other people and how they might feel. Another lesson learned! :mrgreen:

forever young 06

Post by forever young 06 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:13 am

Bradley glad to see you on board please feel free to go along with us we can use all the help we can get. I am behind again. I went and spent the day with my daughter and kids. I haven't listened to the audio yet. I haven't finished the work book section on lesson 8. I am going to try to get caught up I just don't need to stress over it. I meant well on my facing but haven't done that either. I just don't need to add more stress to an already stressed life.

THH good job on the dr. I am worrying about my mammogram. It is going to be a while before I get the results. our little hospital doesn't have anyone on staff to read the mammogram so they are supposed to today. I will be glad when this is over. I am wishing I had not went.

THH

Post by THH » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Forever Young,

I know how hard it is waiting for a test result to come back. Remember no news is good news! I have had my mam come back that additional views are needed and scared the geebers out of me, but everything was fine. Usually the sooner they call you the more urgent, my test if bad, they usually call with in 3 days. So hang in there... :)
Remember it is nothing unless the doctor tells you it is something.

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”