Guilt and Worry Come Easy

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
feelingbetter01

Guilt and Worry Come Easy

Post by feelingbetter01 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:21 pm

When I was younger, it seemed easier for me to live in the moment. How do we lose this perspective?

I look back to the anxious episodes in my life and can plainly see that guilt and worry led me there. In turn, because I deemed these thoughts powerful and manifested these behaviors into habits. It's now very difficult for me to make a decision. I have anxiety over whether or not I'm making the right choice. I feel guilty for the mistakes I've made in the past and worry over the multiple negative outcomes that might come from my decision.

I feel guilty for not being there for my family because I work so much. I feel guilty for not spending enough time with my aging parents. I worry for my future and how I just know I'll mess up whatever positive thing I might have going now. I worry about not getting enough sleep to get me through my day because I can't sleep because I'm up worrying about it.

I do see now, that there is no such thing as failure. That my worries are like negative thinking, untrue. That I can forgive myself for my past and move on. That I will stay in my present moment and make the best of it to steer clear of worry and guilt. And that if I strive to meet my goals instead of worrying about them, I prove to myself that I'm in control. Good luck to all on Session 9!

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”