Loneliness?

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
RobertBridgeman

Loneliness?

Post by RobertBridgeman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Hey everyone, I'm on week nine now. I had gone through the first eight weeks starting in january then about three weeks ago i just stopped. I'm on the ninth week now and the thing that is hitting me hardest is loneliness. I had to leave college and come home this semester and I am now away from my friends and girlfriend. They are about 90 minutes away so it isn't so bad, but I know that I am a very social person and I love social interaction. I don't get much, if any, while I'm back here at home. It's been hard, and especially as a twenty year old guy it's been difficult dealing with the emotions of this sadness, and there have been a lot of tears as well. That's been the hardest part. Do any of you relate to this? Any advice? i want to be able to transition out of college and into work/marriage easily or at least easier than how I feel now. I just feel alone :( Thanks in advance.

coachchris

Re: Loneliness?

Post by coachchris » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi Robert,

This is Coach Chris from the coaching team here at Stress. Thank you for your recent post and reaching out. Did you come home from college because of the anxiety? What in the program so far, has been the best part for you?

I would recommend that you write out 5 positive truths that create hope and keep you learning and growing. We all have to work very hard at being in the present moment and positive. It sounds to me like you are using this time right now to get stronger so you can return back to school better equipped and ready to move forward.

What thoughts bring on the sadness? Is there fear of failure?

I like your positive that you are only 90 minutes away. This is a good truth. Be sure to goal set and not get caught in the all or nothing/black and white thinking.

I look forward to your reply.
Coach Chris

Wants to be stress free

Re: Loneliness?

Post by Wants to be stress free » Wed May 29, 2013 7:48 pm

I suggest setting a goal around going to a meet-up group in something you interested in... check meetup.com for your city. Then you'll meet like-minded individuals seeking social interaction as well. If meetup.com does not have stuff for your town where you go to college, join a club in one of your interests at school. One of these will sow the seeds for filling up your social calendar at college. I bet you'll soon be feeling a lot less lonely at school.

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”