Anger Episode

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
keepsmilin

Anger Episode

Post by keepsmilin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:29 pm

I was doing so good and still am....but yesterday I was a wreck. I was like..READY TO SNAP!

Basically, the kids at my work were driving me bonkers ( I work at a Kids Club), and everything else was falling into that category too, of driving me bonkers. I was feeling TIRED of learning all these new skills, and sooo overtired and exhausted and overworked. I feel like I do need a break from this program, but I keep trucking through it. I give it all I have. I just was so sad that I had to have an angry day yesterday and I was so tired and ready to flip. I thought about my skills...like...should I dissolve or resolve? BUT...ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS GET THE HECK OUTA THERE! Out of work and out of my own head and just hide so I didn't get angry lol. I am not a very angry person...this was rare lol....but I felt so sad because of it.

Today is a new day and I am just fine :) I am very tired still, but not at all grumpy or like very irritated.

Anyone else experience these "anger episodes"? It feels like PMS...I am during my cycle though. I know these days JUST HAPPEN....you're so overwhelmed....but taking a step back didn't really help me too too much. It did, but then I was still having a really hard, tough day. I know this WILL happen in the future because sometimes, as humans, we are just 'off' on a day. That is okay and allowed and I accepted it.

Anyone else?

keepsmilin

Re: Anger Episode

Post by keepsmilin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:34 pm

I think, also, ANYTIME I feel angry, sad anxious or anything negative, I should/would like to do the breathing you're told to do when feeling anxious. I was angry, but at nothing too in particular...nothing specific really...just a bunch of things...so obviously I was in a negative state and needed to STOP, ACCEPT, BREATHE, AND THEN DISTRACT. But it's so hard to know what to do....like... how do you know for sure when to do your "negative to positive" skills (where you write it down) or your breathing skills (like stated above), or your anger skills?

Sometimes I dunno what I am actually feeling...They're all related...what skills do I use? AHH! Lol...

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”