Consumed with guilt by pain I've caused

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
CG822

Consumed with guilt by pain I've caused

Post by CG822 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:54 pm

I broke up with my BF because I am not sure he is the one and he is completely torn up. I FEEL SO GUILTY. I am so depressed over his pain. I did not interntionally hurt him whatsoever, but I'm unhappy, it's only been about 6 months, I have relationship problems, I need to work on myself, all I have is confusion. HELP ME!

I get head over heels very quickly, I rush right in and then...BAM! it's gone. He is everything I want in a man, I dont want to lose him but I also dont feel in love with him. There are a number of reasons why I am/could be like this. I dont know where to start.

I cant make decisions based on our pain and my guilt. I feel smothered and annoyed, per usual. I like to be alone and have aloen time, maybe too much? IDK

Paisleegreen

Re: Consumed with guilt by pain I've caused

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi CG, I don't know how old you are...so I'm just going to comment on that it is good to date many different people, this gives you an idea on what you want in a guy. I dated many guys, they all had good values and such, but I didn't get the feeling that I wanted to continue with the relationship. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut feelings, there have been times when I wondered why I even went on a date with some guy when I felt there wasn't anything there.

I also knew that I was going to marry my husband after knowing him for a couple of weeks. Then he unofficially proposed..then we prayed about it and got married 4 months later. We've been married for over 30 odd years. I don't know what your values are, so I'm only telling you this from my experience. Some people "just know" and others have to date longer. But I would write down a list of the values you are looking in a person, this will help to see if your next guy is the one you are looking for.

Do not feel guilt b/c you broke up with someone, I use to feel the same way and was counseled that this is what happens in life...don't stay with someone if the feelings aren't there. This way you are both free to find someone new that is meant for both of you. paislee :mrgreen:

CG822

Re: Consumed with guilt by pain I've caused

Post by CG822 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:27 am

Thank You! I thought "I knew" within a few months, now I am on the fence. I hope to put some persepective on my indecisiveness soon!

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”