guilt and grieving

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
jkulag

Re: guilt and grieving

Post by jkulag » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:32 pm

I am amazed by what we have in common. Your son's story hit me hard this morning and I cried off and on all day today. I havn't felt like this in a long time. All day I felt grieved by the pettiness in the world, as you mentioned. I have 4 siblings. 3 of them live in my town and are constantly bickering. They have fought for years and each one attempts to draw me into their feud. They are all in their 60's and fight as though they are still children. Anyway, they started it again a couple of weeks ago. I cannot understand this kind of behavior. I have learned how to stay out of their fights but knowing they are fighting still gets me down. I think the losses that I've experienced have put things in perspective for me. Life is short. I don't want to spend even 10 minutes bickering with people about silly stuff. In fact, I don't want to bicker about things that are important either ! I have come to the conclusion that some people must simply enjoy fighting. That seems crazy, but that's all I can figure. On another topic, I hope these recent posts about your son have not brought up alot of pain for you. I do not want to cause you any anguish talking about him. I wish that loss had not happened to you, Paislee. I do agree, every day that passes is a step closer to your eventual reunion with him. And what a joyous reunion that will be ... On a more uplifting note, last week I checked out a tap dance class I've been wanting to take for 2 years but havn't gotten up the courage to try. I drove across town and sat in on the clas last Tues. nite. I've got my tap shoes and I'm planning to try it tomorrow night. It's a class for older women, like me (57). It looks like alot of fun. I'm kinda nervous, pray for me, that I don't chicken out ! ha ha.. Also, went to a new church group last Thurs. nite and had dinner out with this group. Then yesterday, I drove the interstate to my daughter's house in the next town over from mine for the first time by myself. I felt like I was on "a roll" last week... Did lots of things last week that I havn't ever done because this program is helping me ! Yeaa !! Talk to you later .. Joanie

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”