Feeling anxious because of change

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
mramirez10

Feeling anxious because of change

Post by mramirez10 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:03 pm

I've been doing real good the past few month and haven't been on here mostly because I've been so busy with the summer, but also because I have been so good. Today is a hard day though. I think because I don't want to have to change anymore. It is getting too hard to keep up with all the different things I am supposed to be changing. Like this week now I'm supposed to set aside a 20min. worry time. I'm worrying about it now and wonder how to stop worrying until this specific time. I'm still tring to figure out last week. I do want to change my bad habbits, but it is getting hard, and I don't like doing hard things. Anyone else suffer with this? How do you over come this?

Paisleegreen

Re: Feeling anxious because of change

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:58 pm

I have a hard time with changes and I did hear about the worry time. Sometimes, there is "worry time" and other times it could be called "problem solving time". I find when I have things to worry about, I pray a lot, just mainly talk to my Heavenly Father and sometimes it is just a plea of "Help" and then I just work on listening or problem solving or just finding peace in the situation I'm in. Sometimes, I just need to change what I'm thinking about or my attitude towards it and it helps. But other times, things can get to be so overwhelming.

I know you are going through hard times with your responsibilities with your family. So you are experiencing many changes. I have been learning to start letting go of some of my expectations of things and extra activities that I thought were important but really aren't.

Have you read anything by C.S. Lewis? I've only been hearing quotes from his books. He seems to have some good thoughts on worrying and changes. Hugs sent your way. Paislee :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”