Have you tried putting off worry until a certain time?

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
mramirez10

Have you tried putting off worry until a certain time?

Post by mramirez10 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:18 pm

In the program it talks about putting off worring about something until a certain time of day. Has anyone tried this? Does it work for you? I'm having the hardest time not worring about worring. How do you just put it out of your mind. Do you just keep saying to yourself, "I won't think about it now". I would love some feedback.

windows2011

Re: Have you tried putting off worry until a certain time?

Post by windows2011 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:31 am

yeah, that's what I like to know. They say that I am a worry wart so I try not to be and I still find myself worrying about something, yeah, how do you not stop worrying about worrying. I am with you.

TheTimeIsNow

Post by TheTimeIsNow » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Try writing it down and really telling yourself that you'll worry about it later. And then when it comes to the time you've alloted as your worry time, then that's when you worry about that specific thing. I hope this helps. It's really been helping me. I suffer from scary thoughts :cry:

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:56 am

Someone just said something like that recently at Church. Pick a time, when the thought comes sooner, look at your clock tell it/yourself you still have 2 more hours, right now is not the time. It may be hard at first, but it gets easier the more you do it. I thought that seemed like a neat/good idea. Can't hurt to try :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed May 23, 2012 4:37 pm

I cannot remember exactly how this works, but someone on here wrote about
putting our worries on leaves floating on a creek / river and then the worries
will float away with the leaves. I cannot explain this very well, does this make
sense. The worries are put on the leaves, the leaves float on their way away
with the flow of the water on the river and then they are gone.
???

Lynda

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”