Building a Better Life.... Session 9

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
Paisleegreen

Re: Building a Better Life.... Session 9

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:57 pm

HI THH--Boy, have I had the same worries. I keep putting off calling my Dentist to get my teeth cleaned. I think of my week and what days are going to be stressful and I don't want to add the cleaning to that day. Plus we pay out of our pocket as well.
I know I need to make the appt soon, because there just might be a wait time. I also want my dentist to be there to talk to and not his father about my teeth and gums.

I've had my gums worked on by having tissue from my upper roof of my mouth grafted and the graft didn't hold well. It might have reduced the time for receding gumline, but it is getting worse. I also am wondering if because I was taking anti-depressants at the time if that caused my grafting to not take as well. Because the AD's cause dry mouth. So this is my concern about when there are days I might want to go back on AD's, will this just cause more problems to my mouth/gum tissue due to dry mouth. Ugh...so this brings up all kinds of anxiety as well. :?

I also have had my eyes checked back after Christmas and have a new prescription, but I need to get them filled and then reading will be easier. But the thought of shopping for frames etc. just brings up anxiety, minimal, but it isn't on my list of "fun" things to do. :roll: :) I can read pretty well if the type is the right size, but both eyes don't see the same way, so there are shadows. So even if I had magnifiers, each eye sees differently. So reading isn't as enjoyable or easy as it ues to be.

So again here we have changes going on, and you know how we are with "changes". :roll: :P I totally get where you are coming from THH. I'm expecting company in late July and hope to have my Hobby Room ready for company, not an easy feat, but piece by piece or step by step, it can happen. I just have to remember that. LOL!

I'm really glad you were able to talk yourself back into a calm state of mind. :) Good Job! :D Paislee

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Hope, I like your thought as well to how much to administer to our needs at a certain time. I'm glad to know that you are getting out and about as well, from being homebound last year. It does feel good to know that we are making headway.
It is just a bit hard to not feel down about what we didn't accomplish the year before or time lost. But then maybe it was just time for us to learn a lesson and it caused me to come here. Funny how things happen. ;)

Forever Young--I'm waiting for my empty nest, I understand how it is both hard to have and yet nice to have. I will be sad when my 20 year old leaves home, but right now I wouldn't mind if he was away for a bit. I've been having some trouble with him and I think he needs some growing up to do away from home.

I'm glad you are here as well. I'm not always here because I'm playing catch up on my yard and things that didn't get done last year. But I'm always focusing on the Program, not always doing the "writing" part of it, unless it is here typing. My hands are beginning to ache when using a pencil. More my right thumb's knuckle. Heck, everything is beginning to hurt! Ha, ha! :P

I guess if we all felt super we wouldn't be here... ;) :P So I'm glad we aren't totally well or we would have never met. :) Paislee :mrgreen:

THH

Post by THH » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Paislee,
You and I do have alot in common! It sounds like you have had extensive dental work too. I really don't like going and I am trying all the time on being calm. New ways to think about it. I even have had discussions with my dentist on my anxiety. He always seams very dry about it, and he is glad I tell him, he praises me for still continuing with my dentistry. He talks about some people who don't and he seams to recognize us anxiety people. I told him about the program but I guess my actions will be part of how he thinks about it. I've done better, but still am really working hard on that dental anxiety. Good thing you & I don't have back to back appointments! LOL... Or maybe that would help??? We could coach each other!
One thought that kind of helps me is, I believe in GOD and I believe that people are put in our lives for a reason, so I think of things like, When I get in trouble I have the best doctors and dentist to help me. Lean on them for their expertise. It helps...

I also get dry mouth, I have been told it is a symptom of menopause.

"Changes" boy you have that right! I have heard getting old is not of sissy's, I get it now! It is hard because the mind really has all these great ideas but the body says whoa! Not so much not so fast.

Yes it can happen, and step by step it will happen! Some days are better than others, and one small step I try to think is esp. when my day is not going that well or if I am tired, I try to recognize that and not pile a whole bunch of extras or shoulds on top of it. I'll say take a time out, do nothing- that is hard for me - relax. We are trying and that is worth millions!
Hope you had a nice weekend!

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”