Building a Better Life.... Session 9

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
mcshope

Building a Better Life.... Session 9

Post by mcshope » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:41 am

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE

This thread is open to anyone who is going thru the program. We are now on session 9 and we will start a new lesson every week. We are following Lucinda's Program the way is meant to be, listening to the sessions, reading the lessons, completing the assignments. This is just an space to share your experiences and progress.

It has been a great experience to go thru the program with the company and support of other people. It is nice to know that there are people willing to listen and share their experiences.

We would like to support each other, share our progress and continue growing and learning. If you have anything to share, join us, we learn a lot from other people's experiences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRcrO58DSp4

mcshope

Re: Building a Better Life.... Session 9

Post by mcshope » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:17 am

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi Pete 777 needs the flash cards. He said his Step Dad accidently threw them away. Do you guys remember where THH wrote the flash cards down for each session. I found some of them by search for NinjaFrodo. I don't know how to help this guy unless there are current postings of it.

I can't help him right now as I'm preparing to take a trip out of town and I won't have my computer later and I should be packing and watering my garden before I leave. Does the video's repeat what is on the cards? I don't have time to check that out. Anyone know for sure? Thanks. Paislee :mrgreen:

THH

Post by THH » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm sorry I have been so busy I have not been able to come on and do this better life. I will catch up, but not this week.
Our weather has been really hot and humid and it is hard to get all the chores done.
I must say I have had some hard times with several things but I am working on them and will come back to post at a later date. Some days are real good and I handle them well. I have had a couple health anxiety moments as well. Lots to keep working on.

I did post each lesson cards when Ninjas " The Challange" If any one needs the cards, look for "the challange" and read the first post from THH. I think we skipped lesson 1.

Take care and I hope everyone is doing well. ;)

Talk soon.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:24 am

Thanks, THH! I've been doing the same thing, taking advantage of cooler temps to get some garden work done. Then I'm sore afterwards. I'm not afraid to take Advil these days! :mrgreen: I feel so much better when I'm able to work outside in the sunshine and accomplish my goals in my yard. There is a lot of work to be done, but as I progress on decision making and fix up each area for the better, I feel really good. The sore muscles lets me know that I've put in some exercise and that I'm building muscle that I felt I lost out on last summer due to anxiety and being put on meds that did nothing to help my condition but make me feel worse and worthless.

I felt robbed of my spring and summer plans last year due to this condition, so I'm so glad I was able to meet all of you here. You have been very supportive indeed. :) Thanks to all of you! Paislee :mrgreen:

THH--What has been happening with your health?

THH

Post by THH » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:59 pm

Hello.
It seams like the past few weeks have been moving at a very fast pace. My simple plain life gets hectic and stressed. Company coming/going, bussiness gets really demanding, parents need things and something planned every weekend ( birthdays, weddings) Toss in a dental cleaning, and a eye exam.
Dental is a biggie for me. I go to a periodontist for cleanings every 6 months. I have had crown lengthening and gum surgery as ten or more years ago I had a root canal and the dentist broke a instrument off in my root canal, did not tell me and years later it abscessed and broke out from my gum! My new root dentist was skilled enough to extract the tool and save my tooth. My perio dentist had to put in a bone graft due to the abscess setting there so long it damaged my bone, and do some contouring of the gum to keep everything healthy. Now when I go I freek because they always have something to say that I am not doing. I brush with electric tooth brush 2x, floss after every meal, and its not good enough! I now have to use these little wire brushes to go in between the teeth. I should have had orotho when I was a kid, but my parents could not afford it. My moms family never believed in spending money on your teeth, they just had them pulled. I do not want that! I want my teeth but I am so afraid to go due to all the work I have had done and what I need to still do. Some times I say if fate causes me to loose them so be it. But its like I want to do everything necessary to keep them but I am getting worried as it is very expensive and we don't have dental coverage. My gums were sore as she picked them good, and I began to obsess about where is the pain coming from now! I should have taken Zanax but I wanted to be strong and prove to my self I could do it. I did it but that started my old thinking to take over.
Then I had a eye appt. and all was well except he thought my allergy's were bad and my eyes was swollen. Dr. gave me eye drop to use, and it made my eyes really red! The heat was horrible and between my teeth and eyes I got stuck being focused on my health. How bad I felt, and chasing down all my fears. (I am going to have to have all these teeth pulled that I have spent thousands on, my eyes- these drops are going to make me go blind, what if they swell up and I can't see? ) I know better as this program teaches us how but it seamed I could not find a thread to start at. I feared the heat. It was 94* high and low was 80*! ( Not good for menopausal woman!)My husband worked out doors and very physical work, I worried about him. My animals, I worried about them, using fans and cold hosing.

I don't know all the triggers I missed them- appeared I was so obsessed I didn't even see it. I tried breathing and it helped some, relaxation helped some, but I could not get in between my thoughts. I felt tense even trying to relax. I then remembered Ken, thoughts only thoughts and I did say that. That was my beginning of pulling out of my skid. Thoughts rushing in with no founded facts. ( only memory and scarey ones at that!) Very negative ones at that! Getting caught up in a fast pace made my mind keep in a fast pace jumping to the grave yard and working myself back. Fear- False Evidence Appearing Real! I also used Mikes words, everything I need I have in side me.
Thank you all my friends here too ~ as I know I can get back on track, we all have our tough times. Its being able to talk about it and get all the great support from each other because we all suffer from the same thoughts in some form. I have not worked through everything but I stopped the run away train! It makes me feel stupid for over reacting, magnifying the negative, and what ifing to the worst!
I guess this is how we learn. ( hopefully) Ha! ;)

Well I still need to listen to this session, so good night all. Hope your days are going well!

Paislee,
I'm so glad you are able to enjoy some of the things you love this year! YAY!!! You go girl!!! :mrgreen:

forever young 06

Post by forever young 06 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Thh, sorry you have had a rough time. I know how you feel. I have had hip and leg pain now for way over a month. I am going to a chiropractor for over 3 wks. last weekend like you I started thinking too much like what if I need surgrey and I felt nervous all day long didn't want to be home. I had to talk to myself too and say it will be okay what ever happens.we are our on worst enemies we are so negative and think the worst. glad you made it thru okay.
I am disappointed in that not very many our posting on this going thru the program again I wish I had tired to go thru again myself. I have my daughter and her family living with me so I am very distracted I don't think I have the time. they are building them a new house it is fun having them I will miss them so much but usually my husband and I go out and I practice on my limitations. I have not done any facing in along time. which means I am stuck and have been for a long time. hope everyone is having a nice week keep up the good work

THH

Post by THH » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Forever young,
So glad you are still coming here. I know there is a hole with out Mike, and Karen, and Paislee, and Hope. I think everyone is so busy as summer brings on so much extra activity.
Its good to hear from you. I still pop in weekly or as time allows as I do feel it helps me stay focused.
I did make it through and it was one of the tuffer 2 weeks I have had for awhile. It happens. Back on track and working at it all the time.

I do know I am my own worst enemy super hard on myself. And I can come up with some pretty scarey thoughts to dwell on too! But once I can grab a hold of those thoughts I can work through them. You can too!

Enjoy your company of your daughter and keep what you know close by. You will have time to go through this again, and work on more things.
I also hope your leg/hip is feeling better too. ;)

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 pm

WOW, another week. I can see that everybody is getting busy and having lots of practice opportunities. For me it has been good, busy and with lots of plans. I will tell you about them in my next post.

Paisleegreen,

I can relate to the feeling of loosing time, or all the things that I didn't do. Last year I was almost home bound, I am doing much much better. I go to the print shop from Tuesday to Friday... Monday is my day to take care of the house. I feel more organized and with less anxiety every day. Having people who understand and walks with you in this journey, that is amazing. I think that a big part of my improvement has been thanks to the support I receive here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9hMLnmeNm4

THH,

You did have some hard time, however it is over. I can completely relate to the dentist and doctor visits. I have been avoiding the dentist. I know I must take the whole day off if I am going to the dentist. First because of the anticipatory anxiety, and usually I am exhausted afterwards.
You almost did both back to back (dentist and eye doctor). You did it!!!!.... ;) Think of that, you did not avoided it.
I understand what you say about the Xanax, sometimes I avoid taking it with the idea of being strong, however th ere are times in which I just don't want to have the anxiety feelings. There are days that are more difficult than others. I take 1/2 a pill first, most of the time that is enough.
I think some challenges keep coming, remember that all are practice opportunities. If you had to take some xanax, ... so what?.... Life is not black and white.... some days we do good, others not so good... that is life.
I understand the fear of getting sick or needing surgery... the experiences you had with your old dentist sound awful and I'm sure they also made you mad... However you seem to have a good dentist now... Just keep doing what you are doing and follow your dentsit instructions.
Sometimes we have to administer how much we can handle at a certain time. If we put too much in our plate, we'll be going nuts. The hot weather doesn't help... I actually reduce my activities during those days, and drink a lot of water. Thankfully we are having some nicer days now.

Forever young,
My husband and I just got an empty nest, I think this time is for good. The kids are all living in Bloomington, which is about 45 minutes from here. I miss them, but I'm also enjoying the new plans and my husband's company. Take it one day at a time... I think we keep growing and improving day by day.

See you all in Session 10.
Hope

THH

Post by THH » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Hope,
Sometimes we have to administer how much we can handle at a certain time.
Your right! I really needed to look at that . Thank you for posting that thought. ;)

It has been a refreshing week. The weather has been great and I have got caught up on some of my things I would like to do. Although the list grows long, its nice to see different things on it! I felt more relaxed this week, thankfully!
It always passes. If I could just remember that when I am getting all revved up!

Yes I did both the eye & teeth. Eye good for 2 years teeth 6 months! Just a couple more doctor stuff this fall and I am good till next year! YAY!

Have a great weekend all!

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”