I need help getting motivated

Are you needlessly dragging around a one-ton bag of guilt and worry? Here are some techniques that help reduce guilt and worry in your life to produce dramatic, immediate changes.
Brent K.

I need help getting motivated

Post by Brent K. » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:43 pm

I have not worked on the program in over a month and just don't feel motivated to do it, I have been doing well and having very minimal anxiety and staying pretty positive considering my situation! I hurt my back pretty bad and it has kept me from working and exercising for about 3weeks, I am just starting to be able to walk somewhat normal again and need to catch back up with my life!

If you guys can give me some sort of inspiration that would be great!

Thanks

Brent

darlene57

Re: I need help getting motivated

Post by darlene57 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi Brent, What helped me to get motivated is that I took one small step.... the first day I just took the books out and looked through them not focusing at all. The next day I would say.. I'll just read for 10 minutes... the next day 15 mins.. and the next day may have been only 10 mins. I do the same when I loose motivation for getting on my treadmill. I'll get on for only 10 mins. ( and I'm looking at the timer every minute.. sad isn't it), the next day 15 mins., then the next day 20 mins. But before I know it I'm doing 30 mins. or more. My doctor gave me this technique a few years ago and it helps with a lot of things. What you're doing is developing a pattern.. a habit. Once it takes hold, you're off and running. Good luck!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:44 am

I agree with Darlene, just take Baby Steps, a little bit here and a little bit there. Hopefully, soon you will be feeling better and able to move your body more smoothly. Paislee :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Brent, I have been working on the Program for nine months and I have completed only nine sessions ! Everyone works at their own pace. Praise yourself for the things that you DO accomplish, no matter how small they may seem. You have already taken your biggest step already, ordering and working on the Program. Thanks for sharing with us. Lynda Lu.

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:52 pm

LyndaLu wrote:Brent, I have been working on the Program for nine months and I have completed only nine sessions ! Everyone works at their own pace. Praise yourself for the things that you DO accomplish, no matter how small they may seem. You have already taken your biggest step already, ordering and working on the Program. Thanks for sharing with us. Lynda Lu.
Does doing the program one month at a time helpful for you? I mean do you feel that you get more out of it by practicing one concept for a whole month? I've been doing it one week at a time and feel like I'm missing things. I'm feeling like I just want to keep going and not worry about it because I want to be done and over with it so I can move on with my life.

Return to “Session 9 - Get Off the Guilt & Worry Treadmill”